The Priory was built in 1840 and has been restored and converted to provide a comfortable and homely environment for the residents. In addition to the private bedrooms, there is a choice of four lounges, a quiet area for reading or playing games, two conservatories and an activities area. There is also a hairdressing, chiropody and medical room.
The Priory is equipped with two shaft lifts and there are special assisted bathrooms with hoists in addition to mobile hoists.
The great majority of residents’ rooms are single occupancy, many with en-suite toilets or complete bathrooms. Those without en-suite facilities are equipped with a vanity unit and all rooms are in close proximity to toilets and bathrooms.
Adjustable central heating, nurse call, phone and T.V. are provided in every room. The furniture for each bed-sitting room includes a high-backed armchair, T.V. and radio, or residents may bring their own furniture if they wish. Many residents prefer to have their own telephones, otherwise, there is a residents’ payphone.