Occupational Health Screening Nurse
London, Greater London, England
- £ 36,000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 17 Sep 2019
- 31 Dec 2019
We are working with a leading OH provider to source a Treatment & Occupational Health Screening Nurse to join their London Construction team.
The successful individual will be required to work in a multidisciplinary team providing Occupational Health screening, treatment and emergency response services at client sites across London. The role requires the ability to assess and manage minor injury and illness, deliver health and wellbeing initiatives, and work with external organisations and other healthcare professionals.
Main duties of the role include:
• Assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health
• Assess fitness to work for the appropriate job role
• Clinical assessments of clients presenting with minor illness and injury
• Health surveillance
• Provide clinical support to the first aid provision on site
• Prioritise and manage the clinical caseload generated by the various clients
• This role will be roughly 50% safety critical medicals/Health Surveillance, 30% mini health checks and treatments, 10% Health Education and 10% Drug and Alcohol testing
• Registered nurse with NMC Part 1
• IT literate
• Have experience within an A&E and/or an acute/practice area
• Be able to prioritise own workload and manage own time effectively, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines
Previous experience working in Occupational Health, ideally in a construction setting would be an advantage, however training is provided so it is ideal for a general nurse looking to get into Occupational Health.
This role will be based across multiple sites, so travel throughout London is essential.
This is a full-time role, where you will work Monday to Friday, 7.5 hours per day between the hours of 8.00am and 4.00pm.
Salary up to £36,000 per annum plus benefits.
Please apply now if you are interested.