Paediatric Staff Nurse
London, Greater London, England
- £ 31630.00 - 31630.00 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 9 Jul 2019
- 6 Aug 2019
We are recruiting for a qualified General Paediatric Staff Nurse.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children on our general surgical and medical ward. You will be working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the speciality.
It will also be your responsibility to assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department with allocated resources.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent post.
Shifts: flexible shifts on internal rotation (long days, nights, weekends).
- Contribution pension scheme
- Use of all hospital facilities for acute medical conditions
- Annual salary review
- 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme
- We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK
- You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide the highest standard of nursing care for the children and their families
- Plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise junior staff in this activity
- Ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families
- Act as an advocate for the child and family, providing them with information and support and directing them to the relevant support services where appropriate
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care
- Competent in the administration of medication
- Ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed "best practice"
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families
Skills and Experience
- Experience working as a Children's Nurse
- NMC Registered with a valid RN8/RCN (or equivalent)
- Basic/Intermediate Paediatric Life Support
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues
- Competent with computers and able to use clinical systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- Ability to work within a team and independently
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV.
This job was posted to Ward childrens nurse in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankLondon, Greater London, England
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the U...