Paediatric Staff Nurse - Day Case
London, Greater London, England
- £ 31630.00 - 31630.00 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 9 Jul 2019
- 6 Aug 2019
We are recruiting for a Paediatric Staff Nurse working within the Day Case unit
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children on our post-surgical and medical ward. You will be working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the speciality.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including days and occasional weekends.
Our client will reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as:
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Annual salary review
- 247.5hrs holiday each year, with the option to buy and sell
- An invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education
- You can also be offered support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise junior staff in this activity
- Ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care
- Ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed "best practice"
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families
Skills and Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse with basic paediatric life support
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues and clinical governance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV.