School Nurse - Full-time - Term time
Camden, London, Greater London, England
- £ 30000 - 38000 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 7 Jun 2019
- 12 Jul 2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to join our School's Team based in beautiful Hampstead, London.
This is a term time-only role of 34 weeks per year, with a working day of 08:00-16:00 and a salary of between £30-38,000 per year dependant on experience.
The School is closer to London's Underground and mainline public transport.
The school boasts a strong community and family atmosphere with over 600 pupils comprising; Pre-Reception and Reception (ages 3-5), Junior School age 5 - 8 and Upper School pupils age 8 -13 (Years 4 - 8) .
- You will provide a clinically effective, high quality service of nursing care to pupils and first aid care to all members of the school community.
- You will work closely with parents, teaching staff, support staff and other healthcare providers to ensure seamless and continuous care is provided to the pupils.
- You will play a lead role in ensuring pupils with medical conditions, in terms of both physical and mental health, are properly supported in school so that they can play a full and active role in school life, remain healthy and achieve their academic potential.
- Registered Nurse with current NMC registration.
- Current School Nurse experience although we are able to consider Nurses, particularly Paediatric Nurses seeking their first School Nurse role.
- Dedicated to a long-term commitment of providing a caring, happy and safe environment for pupils which is conducive to learning and personal development.
The RCN Toolkit for School Nurses ( link ) provides professional guidance in developing nursing practice in educational settings and should be used as a key reference.
We are a leading healthcare recruitment partner with particular expertise in the placement of the full range of qualified Nursing staff.
As a nurse-led consultancy comprising a School Nurse, General Nurse and School Teacher our detailed understanding of the complexity of the School Nurse role places us in an excellent position to match your skills with the specific requirements of our Recruiting Managers.
For an insight into Jarrodean as a Consultancy and for a summary of all current roles visit Apply
If this role is not for you, please remember we offer a generous £500 Bonus for any successful friend or colleague referrals.