Taunton, Somerset, England
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 23 May 2019
- 25 May 2019
Position: Registered Nurse
Qualification: GNM/BSC Nursing/PBBSc/MSc. Candidates with IELTS 7 Bands in all the modules and Writing 6.5/OET B grade are eligible for Skype interview
Type of Job: Permanent
Job Location: Somerset, UK
Responsibility & Accountability:
• Monitor exact, detailed reports and records of critical ICU patient.
• Monitor and record symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions and inform to physician.
• Order, interpret and evaluate diagnostics tests to identify and assess patient’s condition.
• Carefully observe and document patient medical information’s and vital signs.
• Document patients’ medical histories and assessment findings.
• Document patients’ treatment plans, interventions, outcomes, or plan revisions.
• Consult and coordinate with health care team members about whole patient care plans.
• Modify patient treatment plans as indicated by patient’s response and conditions.
• Monitor the critical patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or
shock and institute appropriate interventions.
• Administering intravenous fluids and medications as per doctor order.
• Monitor patients’ fluid intake and output to detect emerging problems such as fluid and electrolyte
• Monitor all aspects of patient care, including diet and physical activity.
• Identify patients who are at risk of complications due to nutritional status.
• Direct and supervise less skilled nursing/health care personnel, or supervise a particular unit on one
shift to patient’s response and conditions.
• Treating wounds and providing advanced life support.
• Assist physicians with procedures such as bronchoscopy, endoscopy, endotracheal intubation, and
elective cardio version.
• Ensuring that ventilator, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly.
• Ensure that equipment or devices are properly stored after use.
• Identify malfunctioning equipment or devices.
• Collaborating with fellow members of the critical care team.
• Responding to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
• Critical care nurses may also care for pre- and post-operative patients when those patients require
• In addition, some act as manager and policy makers, while others perform administrative duties. • Assess patients’ pain levels and sedation requirements.
• Prioritize nursing care for assigned critically ill patients based on assessment data and identified
• Assess family adaptation levels and coping skills to determine whether intervention is needed. • Acting as patient advocate & providing education and support to patient families.
• ICU nurse must be able to draw ABG Blood and interpret report correctly.
• ICU nurse should have enough knowledge about GCS (Glasgow Coma Scale) and also evaluation
capacity of patient condition.
Ref: 25.04 / 3
This job was posted to A&E nurse, Intensive care nurse, Ward nurse in Taunton, Somerset, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 33696 - 43472 Per yearFull timePermanentBridport, Dorset, England
Registered Nurse - RGN / RMN / RNLD - £19.00Care Categories: Nursing, Palliative Care, Parkinson'sLocation: Bridport, DorsetS...
£ 29000 - 38000 Per yearFull timePermanentMinehead, Somerset, England
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RGN / RMN/ RNLD) - Nursing HomeLocation: MineheadSalary: £28,000 - £38,000 (£15.56p/...
£ 29000 - 32500 Per yearFull timePermanentTaunton, Somerset, England
Preceptorship Staff Nurse ( RMN / RNLD / RGN / RCN ) - Low / Medium Secure Hospital Location: Taunton, SomersetSalary: £29,0...