At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Registered Mental Health Nurse.
A rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
RMNs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
• Produce outstanding written reports based on your nursing assessments and observations
• Work closely with the management team to develop the service, audit, and improve quality
• Attend all training and engage in CPD to further knowledge & promote nursing
• Under NMC guidelines, ensure that individual care plans are complete & maintained collectively with residents, relatives and other healthcare professionals.
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines
• Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
• Newly Qualified or Experienced RMN with a current Pin Number
• Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
• Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
• Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
• Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
• Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
• RCNi membership
• Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision & peer support
• Employee referral scheme
• 50% of NMC registration renewal paid by Cygnet (from Jan ’19)
• Pension scheme
• Employee discount savings & “Cycle to work” scheme
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet Appletree is a 26-bed hospital specialising in high dependency inpatient rehabilitation for women, located in County Durham. Cygnet Appletree has been designed to provide an environment which promotes recovery for women with its focus on space, personal privacy and dignity.
All bedrooms in Appletree have en-suite facilities. Our therapy rooms include beauty and hairdressing salons with an onsite beauty therapist. There is also an IT suite as well and a kitchen for cookery skills training.
In joining our nursing team you’ll become part of an inspirational team, delivering exceptional care in a modern environment alongside nurses who care as much about patient outcomes as you. At Appletree we also offer our employees free parking on site, free meals on shift and uniforms are provided.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.