Senior Staff Nurse
Crawley, West Sussex, England
- £ 25,731 - 30,169 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 9 May 2019
- 14 Jun 2019
JOB REFERENCE: 04SSN006
CLOSING DATE: 14th June 2019
We have an exciting opportunity in our Crawley dialysis clinic for a registered nurse who wants to make a difference in our patients’ lives.
Crawley is a new 24 station unit which includes 4 isolation rooms. The clinic works with patients from both Epsom and St Hellier and Brighton University Hospital. The unit is easily accessible from 3 train stations (Crawley, Gatwick and Three Bridges) and is only 10 minutes by car to Gatwick airport. There are local shopping amenities close by and the town centre is only 15 minutes on foot.
We are looking for a staff nurse who wants to make a difference in our patients lives. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
• Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients#11;
• Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
• Perform patient assessment including but not limited to vital signs and all other parameters of the ESRD patients, review dialysis orders, determine general physical and mental condition of patient through observations and interview, and assist in determining compliance to dietary or medication regimen.
• Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Analyse patient data; assess and monitor status of vascular accesses, review laboratory results, patient assessments and escalate any relevant changes or abnormalities to the Consultant.
• Undertake the role of Nurse in Charge as and when required and/or deputise for the Clinic Manager
• Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems in line with Diaverum processes
• Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
• Provide a mentorship approach to the team, empowering patients, qualified nurses, ancillary staff to share knowledge and skills
• NMC Registered General Nurse
• Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
• In possession of/or working towards a post registration clinical course in Renal Nursing (ENB 136 or equivalent)
• Strong experience in a renal dialysis setting (2 years+)
• Ideally have a Mentorship/Teaching Qualification
• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills
COME GROW WITH US!
• Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
• Monday to Saturday, Shifts hours from 06.00 to 23.30 (No Nights* or Sunday working)
• Pay listed above includes a competitive salary and unsocial payments*, Location Allowance*
• 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
• Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Stakeholder Company Pension
• Post subject to References, Identification, DBS and OH checks
• Relocation allowance *
* where applicable/dependent on clinic
Please note that we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications
This job was posted to Nurse advisor, Nurse assessor, Ward nurse in Crawley, West Sussex, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 29000 - 41000 Per yearFull timePermanentMitcham, Greater London, England
Job Title: Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD ) - Nursing Home Location: Mitcham, SurreySalary: £29,000- £41,000 per ...
£ 31000 - 41000 Per yearFull timePermanentPulborough, West Sussex, England
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RGN/ RMN / RNLD)- Nursing Home Location: Pulborough, West SussexSalary: £31,000 - £41,000...
£ 33150 - 43680 Per yearFull timePermanentSouth Ascot, Ascot, Berkshire, England
Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN ) Luxury Nursing HomeLocation: AscotPay: £17.00 per hour (Days) / £20.00 per hour (Nights)...
£ 34630 - 46175 Per yearFull timePermanentWadhurst, East Sussex, England
Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD ) Nursing HomeService: Nursing Home - Old Age / Younger Adults / Dementia / Physical Disability...
£ 28000 - 37500 Per yearFull timePermanentIslington, London, Greater London, England
Position: Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD )- Nursing Home Location: Islington, LondonSalary: £28,000 - £37,500 per...