I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Job Reference: 23DCM002
We have an exciting opportunity in our Colchester clinic for an experienced senior staff nurse who is looking to make the next move in their career.
The Dialysis Clinic operates as a partnership agreement with Colchester University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. The role will cover both units. Clacton is a new unit opening in May 2018 and will comprise of 8 units.
The facility itself in Colchester is part of the Primary Care Centre, all on one level and in walking distance from Colchester University Hospital. The part of the building used for dialysis was modified and fitted to facilitate chronic dialysis treatment. This is a 20 station unit with a capacity to dialyze 120 patients. The unit operates Monday to Saturday, opening hours 06.30am-23.30pm. Access to the facility is by established routes, with a bus stop at the entrance to the PCC area and Colchester train station nearby. Staff are expected to cover shifts at Colchester Hospital, Renal Unit as part of the rota.
You will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for our patients.
• To manage the dialysis clinic in the absence of the manager, encompassing effective leadership of staff and ensuring high standards of patient care
• To develop and promote good working relationships between Diaverum and the NHS
• To provide specialised nursing knowledge and skills to enable junior members of the nursing team to develop their skills and knowledge
• Ensure all technical equipment are fully maintained and operational and water quality conforms to Renal Association Standards
• Discuss health concerns with patient; review patient concerns with the multi-disciplinary team as necessary
• Act in professional advisory role to staff providing supervision and guidance, monitoring and evaluating their performance on a continuing basis
• Undertake necessary performance measures such as audits, reviews and patient/staff surveys to ensure compliance with internal, NMC and healthcare best practice guidelines.
• Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care programmes
• Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
• NMC Registered Nurse
• Post basic qualification in renal nursing such as diploma, ENB Course 136 or equivalent.
• ENB998 or equivalent (teaching/assessing)
• At least two years experience in Hemodialysis working at a Senior level
• Experience of managing and leading a team of nurses
• Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
• Be able to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
COME GROW WITH US!
• Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
• Monday to Saturday, Shifts hours from 06.00 to 23.00 (No Nights* or Sunday working)
• Salary listed above includes a competitive Salary, Unsocial Payments*, Location Allowance*
• 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
• Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Stakeholder Company Pension
• Relocation allowance *
• Post subject to References, Identification, DBS and OH checks
* where applicable/dependent on clinic
We reserve the right to close the job early if we receive sufficient applications before the deadline.
£ 15.82 - 22.85 Per hourFull time...PermanentIpswich, Suffolk, England
The Role Are you a reliable and dependable skilled nurse or paramedic, who is passionate and committed to delivering high quality h...