Senior Dialysis Nurse
Eastbourne, East Sussex, England
- £ 24193 - 30169 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 9 May 2019
- 9 Aug 2019
Job Reference: 18SSN003
Closing Apply August 2019
We have an exciting opportunity in our Eastbourne (Polegate) Clinic for a staff nurse who wants to make a difference in our patients lives.
The Eastbourne clinic is a purpose built clinic in the Chaucer Business park affording free private parking for employees and patients alike. The unit provides Renal outpatient treatments for patients requiring kidney dialysis and works in partnership with the Brighton and Sussex NHS Trust. Services are provided Monday to Saturday from 6:30am to 11:30pm with a combination of shift times (no night shifts or Sunday working required).
The clinic is afforded with 16 dialysis stations and a consultant supports the unit with monthly visits/reviews. The facilities are spacious and there is a dedicated staff room/rest room facility for staff. There are bus services to this area which is situated near Stone Cross and Polegate, just a short journey from the beautiful Eastbourne and Brighton coastlines.
You will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures, in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
• Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients#11;• Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
• Perform patient assessment including but not limited to vital signs and all other parameters of the ESRD patients, review dialysis orders, determine general physical and mental condition of patient through observations and interview, and assist in determining compliance to dietary or medication regimen.
• Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Analyse patient data; assess and monitor status of vascular accesses, review laboratory results, patient assessments and escalate any relevant changes or abnormalities to the Consultant.
• Undertake the role of Nurse in Charge as and when required and/or deputise for the Clinic Manager
• Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems in ine with Diaverum processes
• Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
• Provide a mentorship approach to the team, empowering patients, qualified nurses, ancillary staff to share knowledge and skills
• Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
• NMC Registered General Nurse
• Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
• In possession of/or working towards a post registration clinical course in Renal Nursing (ENB 136 or equivalent)
• Strong experience in a renal dialysis setting (2 years+)
• Ideally have a Mentorship/Teaching Qualification
• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills
GROW WITH US!
This job was posted to Nurse advisor, Nurse assessor, Ward nurse in Eastbourne, East Sussex, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 28000 - 37000 Per yearFull timePermanentHenfield, West Sussex, England
Job Title: Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD) - Nursing HomeLocation: Henfield, West SussexSalary: £28,080- £37,440 (...
£ 31000 - 42000 Per yearFull timePermanentEastbourne, East Sussex, England
Outstanding Luxury Nursing Home Role: Registered Nurse ( RGN / RMN )Location: EastbourneHours: Full Time or Part Time hours availa...