Senior Staff Nurse Paediatric Outpatients
London, Greater London, England
- £ 35673.00 - 35673.00 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 21 Mar 2019
- 17 Sep 2019
We are recruiting for a Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse who will deputise for the Sister Nurse. You will be instrumental in ensuring the application of effective clinical practice is employed by all staff so that patients receive the highest possible standard of care.
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the clinical area, facilitating effective communication and maintaining a professional atmosphere at all times through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the new Paediatric Outpatients Team.
Working hours 37.5 per week
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrating good clinical practice at all times and being accountable for own actions
- Prioritising workloads and directing staff accordingly
- Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
- Make efficient use of available resources with regard to budgetary constraints and clinical/ business objectives
- Deputising in the absence of the Sister/Charge nurse.
- Participating in the staffing rota
- Attending senior meetings
- Act as a clinical role model for all members of staff, demonstrating best practice at all times
- Drive high standards of care, assisting with promoting development initiatives
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy
- Promote a learning environment at all times
Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate the team
- Customer focused mind set, working to ensure
- High standards of patient care at all times, working towards the continued success of the department at all times
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV.
This job was posted to Ward childrens nurse in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankBromley, London, Greater London, England
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the U...