Senior Staff Nurse - PICU
London, Greater London, England
- £ 39135.00 - 39135.00 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 21 Mar 2019
- 17 Sep 2019
Our client is looking for a Senior Staff Nurse to work within our Paediatric Intensive Care unit.
You will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care for your patients; developing, implementing and evaluating holistic care plans for children.
You will develop longstanding relationships with children and their families and promote family centred care. Working with team members across all multi-discipline, you will need to be able to communicate effectively. As a Senior Staff Nurse, you will also be accountable and responsible for the nursing management of a designated area, supervising staff and acting as a role model for the team.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including long days, nights and weekends.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and supervise other staff in this activity
- Act as an advocate for the child and family, providing them with information and support and direct them to the relevant support services where appropriate
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers
- Act in a calm and understanding manner, providing support during distressing or emotional events
- Ensure that discharge planning is commenced at the point of admission, liaising with the multidisciplinary team, other departments and community services as necessary
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care
- Ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed "best practice"
- Assist in the development and review of policies and standards for the safe use of equipment and any new equipment introduced to the department
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
Skills and Experience:
- NMC Child Registered Nurse
- Post grad nursing experience in a PICU setting
- Completion of a PICU Course that is equivalent to 60 credits
- Leadership or management training is desirable
- Basic Life Support training is desirable
If interested, please get in touch via contact details provided or click "Apply" to forward an up to date copy of your CV and ideally with a cover letter.
This job was posted to Ward childrens nurse in London, Greater London, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timeBankOrpington, Greater London, England
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the U...