Dialysis Staff Nurse
Crawley, West Sussex, England
- £ 23500 - 27988 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
- 9 May 2019
- 14 Jun 2019
Job Ref 04SN008
Closing date 14th June 2019
Crawley is a new 24 station unit which includes 4 isolation rooms. The clinic works with patients from both Epsom and St Hellier and Brighton University Hospital. The unit is easily accessible from 3 train stations (Crawley, Gatwick and Three Bridges) and is only 10 minutes by car to Gatwick airport. There are local shopping amenities close by and the town centre is only 15 minutes on foot.
You will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures and in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
• Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients#11;
• Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
• Review pre and post haemodialysis care with patient
• Discuss health concerns with patient; review patient concerns with the multi-disciplinary team as necessary
• Provide ongoing patient education
• Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems inline with Diaverum processes
• Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
• Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
• NMC Registered Nurse
• Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
• Be able to work autonomously and within a multi-disciplinary team
• At least one year’s experience in general nursing (Haemodialys would be an advantage but not essential) - full training is provided.
• Applications from newly qualified Nurses are welcomed
• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills with fluency in English
COME GROW WITH US!
• Full Time - 37.5 hours per week
• The unit is open 06:30 to 22:00 (MWF) and 6:30 - 19:00 (TTS). (No Nights* or Sunday working)
• Pay listed above includes a competitive salary and unsocial Payments and Location Allowance*
• 27 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) increasing with service
• Life Assurance, Discounted Fitness Membership, Auto -Enrolment Pension
• Post subject to References, Identification, DBS and OH checks
• Relocation allowance *
* where applicable/dependent on clinic
Please note that we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications
This job was posted to Nurse advisor, Nurse assessor, Ward nurse in Crawley, West Sussex, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 33690 - 44920 Per yearFull timePermanentSevenoaks, Kent, England
Registered Nurse - Nursing Home ( RGN / RMN / RNLD )Location: Sevenoaks, KentSalary: Up To £18 per hour ( £33,690 to &p...
£ 44,500 - 44,500 Per yearFull timePermanentEaling, London, Greater London, England
MSI Group are currently looking to recruit a qualified Registered General Nurse (RGN) who is looking for a new challenge using thei...
£ 32760 - 43680 Per yearFull timePermanentCamberley, Surrey, England
Registered Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) Nursing Home Hours: Part Time or Full Time hours availableShifts: Days or NightsPay: Up to £...