King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.
iMobile Critical Care Outreach Team is a multi-disciplinary team providing support to the hospital in the management of deteriorating patients. In the 2017 and 2015 CQC inspections iMobile was cited as an ‘outstanding area of practice’.
The iMobile team provides the following service to patients on the wards:
- Rapid response, stabilisation and transfer to ICU
- Outreach service and education
- Mobile critical care therapy for patients on the wards requiring ‘optimisation’ and ‘trial of treatment’ or the facilitation of ‘safe discharge ‘
This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and busy service. In 2018 the team saw over 5500 patients.
This post is based at Kings College Hospital (Denmark Hill Site) and is a fixed term contract for 1 year to cover a secondment.
The critical care department offer well-established, structured teaching and staff development programmes for all staff, and we are affiliated to King’s College, London. Kings is now a member of the Academic Health Science Centre.
We are looking for proactive, enthusiastic and caring individuals with excellent communication skills, who will enjoy working in these demanding and rapidly changing environments.
You will have an appropriate specialist course, teaching qualification and possess a degree, with substantial critical care experience including outreach. You must be able to demonstrate expert clinical skills and evidence based decision making with the ability to work autonomously. You will possess excellent communication and leadership skills and ideally have experience in teaching. Delivering patient care in a variety of clinical settings, your role will be to work within the iMobile Critical Care team assessing, managing and treating patients in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team. This role is clinically based.
This post is shift work (nights and weekends). IMPORTANT
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College Hospital and South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trusts.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure