At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse / RNLD.
A rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse / RNLDs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
• Supervise Nurses and Support Workers and ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members' competence
• Ensure that all staff in your team have the opportunity to participate fully in supervision, that salient issues are addressed and that comprehensive monitoring and documentation is in place at all times
• Monitor staff rotas to ensure effective staffing on shifts informing the Head of Care of any shortfalls or issues that may affect patient care and safety
• Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programmes of care. With a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Programme Approach are met in a timely manner
• Ensure that all Staff contribute and are accountable for the efficient running of the Hospital and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Patients. Duties may include acting up for the Head of Care and/or the Hospital Manager in their absence.
• Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
• Experienced Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse / RNLD with a current Pin Number
• Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
• Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
• Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce risk
• Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
• Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
• RCNi membership
• Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision & peer support
• 50% NMC fee reimbursed
• A high quality work environment
• Free meals on duty
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme.
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Brunel House is a brand new service in Henbury, Bristol which opened towards the end of 2017. At present we have 11 patients and this will grow to be a 32-bedded neuropsychiatry and neurobehavioural service (22 rehabilitation beds and 10 neuro degenerative beds). The hospital provides a neuropsychiatric service to individuals with brain injuries, organic brain disorders and degenerative conditions who require specialist therapy-led rehabilitation and support.
Brunel is rated 'good' by the CQC
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below