We are committed to providing high quality care for the people of Bradford, Airedale and Craven. Are You?
As a provider of care for people of all ages who have mental and/or community health needs we are dedicated to providing a high quality service, close to where people live and as much as possible tailored to an individual's needs. An exciting career opportunity to train as a District Nurse in Yorkshire Health Education England, health care providers from across Yorkshire and Leeds Beckett University are undertaking a regional campaign to recruit registered nurses to undertake a 1 year full-time District Nursing training programme to start in September 2019.
The profession of District Nursing continues to adapt in response to the changing needs of people and communities they live within. High calibre individuals are needed to train as District Nurses to support exciting developments and to initiate change in practice. If you have the drive and passion to make a difference and you want to support initiatives that result in people having their care needs met at home, then we would like to hear from you.
You must have a current Registered Nurse (Adult) registration and hold a first degree (2:2 or above) in a relevant subject OR Leeds Beckett University may be able to consider your experience by completing Professional Portfolio Development module. You will also need to demonstrate your positive attitude to managing and leading teams and commitment to client centred community care.
If you successfully obtain a place on the programme you will be seconded onto the course by one of the Sponsor Employers who offer Practice Placements or by your own employer if they also provide District Nursing Placements. Subject to confirmation, students on this course are eligible for a paid salary and will have their course fees paid by the NHS.
Due to the nature of this role, it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes throughout the course. Where necessary, adjustments will be made in accordance with the Equality Act. Application process 2019: We are recruiting with trusts in the region, listed below. All trusts are offering internal secondments and two are offering the opportunity for staff external to their organisation to apply for a training place with them.
The options for sponsor organisations may include the following, information on each of these organisations is available via the relevant links: Internal Applications Only:
- Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Calderdale & Huddersfield Foundation Trust
- Harrogate & District NHS Foundation Trust
- Locala Community Partnerships
Internal and External Applications:
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- York Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Bradford District Care Foundation Trust
- Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust
If you are applying as an Internal Applicant, please state clearly on your application form that you are an employee of the organisation and have your manager's support to apply for a secondment. Your application will then be considered and if you are invited for interview, a decision will made on your suitability to proceed onto this course in collaboration with your employer.
For information regarding the District Nursing course content and structure - please see the Online Prospectus
Your application must
- Details of an academic reference and a professional reference
- Evidence that you have a health related Honours degree at 2:2 or above or provide evidence that you have completed or are currently studying the Leeds Beckett Professional Portfolio Development module through which your equivalent experience can be assessed
- Your recent engagement in CPD activities, including the level and its relevance to your application to a Postgraduate course
- Evidence that you meet the criteria set out in the Person Specification
- Confirmation of your employment with the trust you are applying to and of having your managers support
The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 27th February 2019
- Your sponsor/placement choice
Please note that due to an anticipated high number of applications, there will not be an option to change the date or time of your interview if you are shortlisted. Interview Date: