We are committed to providing high quality care for the people of Bradford, Airedale and Craven. Are You?
As a provider of care for people of all ages who have mental and/or community health needs we are dedicated to providing a high quality service, close to where people live and as much as possible tailored to an individual's needs. An exciting career opportunity to train as a Public Health Nurse - School Nurse in Yorkshire
Health Education England, a number of health care providers from across West Yorkshire and Leeds Beckett University are undertaking a regional campaign to recruit registered nurses or midwives
to undertake a 1 year full-time Public Health Nurse-School Nurse training programme to start in September 2019.
You must have a current Nursing or Midwifery registration and hold a first degree in a relevant subject (2:2 or above) OR you can ask Leeds Beckett University to consider your experience as equivalence to a degree by completing Professional Portfolio Development module.
If you successfully obtain a place on the programme you will be seconded onto the course by one of our Sponsor Employers who offer Practice Placements or by your own employer if they also provide School Nursing Placements. Subject to confirmation, students on this course are eligible for a paid salary and will have their course fees paid by the NHS.
Due to the nature of this role, it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes throughout the course. Where necessary, adjustments will be made in accordance with the Equality Act. Application Process 2019: We are recruiting with trusts in the region, listed below. All trusts are offering internal secondments and two are offering the opportunity for staff external to their organisation to apply for a training place with them.
The options for sponsor organisations may include the following, information on each of these organisations is available via the relevant links: Internal Applications Only:
Internal and External Applications:
- Bradford District Care NHS Trust(Wakefield placement opportunities)
- Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Locala Community Partnerships
If you are applying as an Internal Applicant, please state clearly on your application form that you are an employee of the organisation and have your manager's support to apply for a secondment. Your application will then be considered and if you are invited for interview, a decision will made on your suitability to proceed onto this course in collaboration with your employer.
If you are applying as an External Applicant, please state your preference of the two trusts offering external places in your application.
For information regarding the School Nursing course content and structure - please see the Online Prospectus.
Your application must
- Details of an academic reference and a professional reference
- Your evidence that you have a health related Honours degree at 2:2 or above or provide evidence that you have completed or are currently studying the Leeds Beckett Professional Portfolio Development module through which your equivalent experience can be assessed
- Your recent engagement in CPD activities, including the level and its relevance to your application to a Postgraduate course
- Evidence that you meet the criteria set out in the Person Specification.
- Confirmation of your employment with the trust you are applying to and of having your managers support
The closing date for all applications is Wednesday 27th February 2019
- Your sponsor/placement choice ranked in order of preference
Please note that due to an anticipated high number of applications, the following date is fixed for interviews. There will not be an option to change the date or time of your interview if you are shortlisted. Interview Date:
- w/c 29th April 2019
You will receive notification of the outcome of your application by Friday 29th March 2019
You will receive notification of the outcome of your interview by Thursday 23rd May 2019