We are immensely proud of our staff and their passion, professionalism and dedication to change people's lives. If you share that passion, and if you too want to make a difference, then come and join us. In return you will get to work with a great team, with superb training and development opportunities, and excellent staff benefits.
We provide a large number of mental and physical health services. Poor physical and mental health are linked and our ambition is for people to have their physical and mental health problems identified, assessed and treated at the same time.
The work of our staff is very wide-ranging. Some of the things we do include:
- helping children and young people with mental health issues
- supporting new mums suffering post-natal depression
- assessing people detained under the Mental Health Act
- helping people get active, eat well and take care of their own wellbeing
- treating people who have dementia or experience problems thinking and remembering
- helping people remain independent in the community
- running high secure services at Broadmoor Hospital.
We are a teaching Trust and all staff receive support throughout their career to grow and develop. Our staff also have access to some of the leading research programmes in mental health and, whatever your role, there are opportunities to develop skills and clinical practice by being part of ground-breaking work.
We take care of our staff with a series of employee benefits, including flexible working, car lease schemes and exclusive discounts on a wide range of products and services, from washing machines to holidays. We also offer a generous relocation package.
See further links
(bottom right) to visit our recruitment website for more jobs. If you know others who might like this role, please help us by telling them or sharing this on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
We are looking for skilled and passionate Band 5 Nurses, both experienced and newly qualified, to join our dedicated team at Broadmoor High Secure Hospital. This is one of the most challenging but rewarding areas in mental health nursing.
Staff Nurse Registered Nurse Learning Disability
Broadmoor Hospital is one of only three High Secure Hospitals in England. It is at the forefront of forensic mental health nursing and forms part of West London Mental Health NHS Trust.
This year, we are opening a brand new state of the art High Secure Hospital and are looking for staff to come and join our team. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic, innovative and want to contribute to shaping and delivering modern mental health care in a modern high secure setting.
If you are a staff nurse RMN or RNLD who is highly motivated and forward thinking, emotionally resilient and flexible we would like to hear from you.
As an employer we are committed to you and your on-going development. We have excellent training opportunities and leadership courses available, including a band 5 to band 6 development course focused on leadership skills and preparation for promotional opportunities with the Hospital.
What we can offer you:
• Recruitment & Retention Allowance of £2300 per annum pro rata
• Relocation expenses up to £5000 if applicant meets the criteria under West London Mental Health Trust Relocation Assistance Policy.
• High Cost Area Supplement (HCAS) - Fringe Allowance £961 to £1665 per annum depending on increment.
• A well-established successful Preceptorship training programme, with accelerated pay progression during the first year, and the Mentorship & Practice course offered as an automatic enrolment.
• As a Trust we will provide you with supervision and mentorship, on-going professional development, a stimulating and challenging working environment and opportunities for career development within the West London Mental Health Trust.
• The Trust offers a new and unique benefits package which includes lease cars, discount cards for high street stores, supermarkets, holidays and days out.
We will be holding assessments and interviews on the same day, as well being available for informal chats, and we will be in a position to inform you that you have been successful on the day.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Ray Langshaw, Modern Matron on ApplyApply