Embrace a challenging new role full of the opportunities you need to grow your career.
We are recruiting a Ward Manager to work on our Female PICU Ward at our hospital in Woking which offer a range of secure mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery. A range of therapies supports the care pathway towards independent living.
Acorn Ward, our 10 bed female PICU service, accepts emergency and crisis admissions. Referrals can come to us from all areas, including acute and prison services.
Our aim is a short, rapid intervention to help service users regain a sense of control and order in their lives, so they can move to a less restrictive care setting and return home.
The service provides expert, intensive, short-term, individualised care for service users detained under the Mental Health Act. Service users will present with increased risks that require them to be assessed and treated in a PICU environment.
At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients and their families. We have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for almost 30 years. With a true focus on outcomes those who use or commission our services can be assured we are an experienced, service-user focused, provider of quality treatment, care and rehabilitation.
In this role you will:
• Have overall management responsibility for the delivery of service user centred care within the ward
• Lead a team of nursing staff in the delivery of high quality evidence-based practice, ensuring that regular supervision and appraisal take place
• Coordinate multidisciplinary working, maintaining excellent communication and working relationships with all team members
• Manage operational resources in a cost-effective manner, and evaluating the standard of service delivered
Are you the successful candidate we are looking for?
• Current experience as a Ward Manager / Head of Care or a Senior Registered Mental Health Nurse with a valid pin
• Experience of working in the mental health sector
• Experience of implementing and monitoring standards of care
• Experience of providing clinical and managerial supervision, offering support in making clear and consistent clinical decisions along with the ability to lead and motivate a Nursing team effectively
• Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
In return, we will offer you:
• Company pension scheme
• Free life assurance
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals
• CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
• Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
• Opportunities to broaden experience within the adult service as part of career development
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*
Click the link to apply.