I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to work in our new Hospital in Croydon. The hospital is situated in West Croydon, an ideal location for patients to travel to. The Unit has been completed to a high specification with its Modern and Contemporary design it enjoys the benefits of up to date modern technology with private parking.
As a Clinical Manager, you will provide leadership within your team whilst promoting a patient-focussed service, ensuring the provision is cost-effective and to the highest standards quality of care and patient safety. You will need to maintain excellent standards of care within the unit whilst ensuring you are approachable and accessible to patients, relatives and colleagues.
We are looking for someone with an extensive Nursing background who is able to combine clinical expertise with managerial responsibilities. You will hold relevant qualifications and have sufficient experience in an acute hospital setting to provide strong, knowledgeable leadership for our nursing team. A commitment to the development of high quality, evidence based acute care is essential, combined with the tenacity and passion required to drive success in a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Services/Matron, the DCU/OPD Manager will be responsible for:
* Strategically plan the clinical services and being responsible for the day to day organisation and management of the clinical department
* Providing a clear direction and leadership to all clinical staff and supporting the hospital leadership team.
* Responsible for development, motivation and performance of all clinical staff while ensuring the achievement of CQC standards.
* Rostering staff to ensure skill mix appropriate for activity
* Participating in Clinical Governance agenda, ensuring audits are undertaken, investigation of incidents/complaints are carried out
* Participating in care delivery, acting as a role model ensuring the highest levels of professional standards
* Optimising efficient use of consumables and stock levels
* Regularly liaising with the Maintenance Department to ensure service dates for all ward equipment are adhered to and service contracts maintained
The ideal candidate will have:
* Experience as a Senior sister or equivalent with current registration with NMC (UK)
* Significant exposure in a senior role to external stakeholders such as Consultants, Physicians, Allied Health professionals, patients and suppliers
* Independent sector experience
* Experience developing clinical pathways
* Current medical and/or surgical experience within a hospital environment
* Advanced Life Support
* Comprehensive understanding of relevant clinical standards
* Excellent communication skills - written and oral & Excellent customer care skills
* A good standard of computer literacy
* The ability to manage a team and to time manage
In return for your professionalism and commitment you will be offered the following competitive salary and benefits package:
* Competitive Salary
* 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays
* Private Healthcare
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance
* On-going Training and Development
* Free off-site parking
TFS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
TFS Healthcare will make reasonable adjustments and provide support for anyone who needs it either to apply or to succeed in the role. We will also support people to access our clients' organisations with sensitivity, respect and care.