I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Specialist Band 6 Nurse - Discharges and Referrals
Salary :£36,491 (depending on experience)
Hours: Full Time - 37.5 per week
Location: Central London
Contract type : Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Palliative Care Nurse with a Hospice or Hospital Background to take on the role of Specialist Nurse for Referrals and Discharges, primarily based in a private hospital based in Central London.
Our 18 bedded Inpatient Unit provides holistic patient and family centred care for people with life-limiting illnesses such as cancer, HIV/AIDS, motor neurone disease, respiratory disease and heart failure. Patients are admitted for a wide variety of reasons including assessment, symptom control, terminal care, rehabilitation, respite care and medical interventions from a wide catchment area of the following CCG's of Central London, West London, Brent, Camden, and Islington.
* The post-holder will review and triage all referrals to the Inpatient Unit in a timely manner and be the key communicator with both internal and external referrers
* The post-holder will act as a specialist resource for all health and social care professionals, patients and carers, liaising directly with referrers, relevant Palliative Care Teams and other relevant professionals, to ensure that the patient's palliative care needs are met.
* Manage complex discharges of patients from the Inpatient Unit that require coordination of a number of services externally and internally as well as comprehensive advanced assessments of patients that may include Continuing Care Assessments and Fast Track Applications
* To provide skilled leadership, support and guidance to the nursing and wider multi disciplinary teams, in relation to referrals and discharge planning and access to community palliative care services, in close conjunction with team leaders, working closely with the Hospice Director
* Act as DOLs lead for all Hospice Services
Skills and Experience Required:
You will have previously mentored staff and trained junior members of the team. You must be able to assist in the administrative side of the role, and have a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and be able to use database systems in addition you will require strong leadership skills.
* A minimum of three years post qualification/registration experience in specialist nursing field, ideally palliative care
* Must have clinical experience at Senior Staff Nurse Band 6
* Experience working within the community or in a specialist discharge role
* Experience in facilitation, teaching, assessing, coaching
* Demonstrable leadership and influencing skills
* Demonstrates ability to place patient and family at centre of care
* Ability to facilitate and support learning
* Demonstrates a desire to explore new ways of delivering services
* Excellent personal and communication skills
* Good facilitation, presentation, teaching and assessing skills
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Excellent role model
* Confident Decision Maker
Why work for us?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits, including:
* Competitive pay with progressive band structuring, as well as generous unsociable hours enhancements (if applicable)
* For employees joining us from the NHS, we can provide continuation of your NHS pension
* Contributory pension schemes to suit all pockets.
* Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
* 27 days annual leave
* Ongoing training and development programmes
* Discounts at local, national and online shops
* Interest-free season ticket loans
* Cycle to work loan scheme
* Employee "Service Excellence" recognition rewards
* Childcare vouchers
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then I would love to hear from you.
If this role isn't for you but you know somebody else who could be suitable please refer them to us. If they get the job we will send you £100 as a thank you! (make sure they give your name when they contact).
£ 28000 - 32728 Per yearFull timePermanentCrawley, West Sussex, England
RGN or RMN - Health and Wellbeing Nurse - Substance Misuse - Crawley, West Sussex - Up to £32,728 per annumWorking Hours: 37.5 hour...