Are you an enthusiastic and ambitious Mental Health Nurse looking for your next challenge?
Do you want to join an organisation that truly lives its values?
Cygnet Health Care is one of the UK’s largest independent providers of inpatient mental health services, offering high quality treatment options predominantly to the NHS. A diverse range of highly specialised services are provided across different levels of security.
We are looking for a fantastic Clinical Team Leader, to help shape and develop our new services at Cygnet Maidstone.
The Clinical Team Leader will be responsible for the provision of clinical leadership and management to the immediate clinical team members on a day to day basis on the Male PICU Ward within Cygnet Hospital Maidstone, a new purpose built 65 bedded hospital. The Clinical Team Leader will be expected to ensure that relevant clinical supervision is provided to junior staff, standards of service provision are set, monitored and maintained and that people, who use the service, and their carers, are involved in the service in the way they wish to be.
We are looking for:
• An Experienced RMN with a current Pin Number
• Have experience working with an adult mental health client group
• Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983, an understanding of latest nursing practices and are able to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Have the capacity to maintain documentation and undertake audits
Compassionate and focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage and reduce risk whilst helping to empower and support service user independence
The postholder will be expected to work flexibly across all the service lines, as need arise; delivery of excellence in quality care provision, ensuring all clinical governance and compliance targets are met.
• Supervise the smooth running of a shift and take leadership responsibility for the ward in the absence of the Ward Manager.
• Act as a role model to all staff in clinical areas, helping to maintain a motivated positive work force.
• Will work within their NMC code of conduct.
• Actively promote best practice clinical care on the ward.
• Participate in the manager’s on-call system to provide the first point of contact for ward based staff, outside of normal working hours.
• Take an active role in clinical audit on the ward and in the hospital.
• Actively coach and mentor staff to improve practice on the ward.
• Take a lead role in working with the Multi-Disciplinary Team to coordinate and effective care plans which meet the physical & emotional needs of the service users in a caring and empathic manner.
• Undertake any reasonable request.
• Aware of the Cygnet core values & behaviours and use them to provide a daily framework for your working with service users and colleagues
• Participate in training and development of staff.
• Follow and ensure others implement Cygnet Health Care Policy and Procedures and maintain level of service, which meets the standard for the hospital.
In return we will offer you:
We offer an excellent benefits package which includes an annual bonus scheme contributory pension scheme, free life assurance, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre, childcare vouchers and paid birthday and anniversary of joining company leave. In addition we offer subsidised meals and free car parking where available.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Do you want a career that inspires people? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below and one of our recruitment team will be in contact shortly. If you need any help with your application, please contact the Recruitment Team on Apply
If you have any questions regarding the role, please feel free to contact Apply