At Cygnet Health Care you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on patients, service users & their families.
We are looking for a professional, ambitious & confident Registered Mental Health Nurse.
A rewarding role with excellent career prospects, your focus on quality of care will help us achieve our goals.
RMNs with interests in leadership, research & risk assessment are encouraged to apply.
If you’re passionate about what you do, we want to talk to you!
• Supervise Nurses and Support Workers and ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members' competence
• Ensure that all staff in your team have the opportunity to participate fully in supervision, that salient issues are addressed and that comprehensive monitoring and documentation is in place at all times
• Monitor staff rotas to ensure effective staffing on shifts informing the Head of Care of any shortfalls or issues that may affect patient care and safety
• Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programmes of care. With a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Programme Approach are met in a timely manner
• Ensure that all Staff contribute and are accountable for the efficient running of the Hospital and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Patients. Duties may include acting up for the Head of Care and/or the Hospital Manager in their absence.
•Open, compassionate, honest & resilient
•An experienced RMN / RNLD with a current Pin Number
•Capable to maintain documentation and undertake audits
•Well informed of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
•Able to deputise in a clinical lead role
•Focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage & reduce ris
•Helping to empower & support service user independence.
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
•Strong career progression opportunities within the region, including into management roles
•Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
•Expert clinical supervision & peer support
•Employee referral scheme
•Employee discount savings & “Cycle to work” scheme
Cygnet Health Care has been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for 30 years.
Cygnet Cedars is a 24-bed high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities and other complex needs. The hospital has a further two bed step-down service, allowing for further community integration and focus on daily living skills.
Ready to make a positive change?
Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below