King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), is one of the UK’s largest and busiest teaching hospitals with a turnover of nearly £1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 11,500 staff based across 5 main sites in South East London.
The Trust provides a full range of local hospital services across its different sites, and specialist services from King’s College Hospital (KCH) site in Camberwell and the Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) site in Bromley.
B6 Sister / Charge Nurse – seven day working and internal rotation to night duty
Urgent care and post-acute medicine: Denmark Hill site, Kings College Hospital
Are you interested in leading a team of committed, loyal and dedicated nurses in medicine?
Would your patients say you make them feel safe and they know your name? Would they say you advocate for them and ensure they are involved in decisions about their care?
Would those you work with describe you as a nurse who treats their colleagues with kindness and respect and role models the high standards of care?
Mary Ray Ward: Specialised in Diabetes & Diabetic Foot, Oncology, Rheumatology and General
Medicine Lonsdale: Specialised in Respiratory, General Medicine and cystic Fibrosis
Medicine Oliver Ward: Respiratory / Medicine
Would you like to work where the Matrons and Heads of Nursing have a strong visible presence and are committed to listening to their nurses and supporting their development?
We have B6 opportunities in our post-acute wards, We are looking to recruit nurses who are excited by the idea of developing their leadership skills. You will need to be a nurse who is:
• Proud to specialise in acute medicine
• Skilled and knowledgeable and can demonstrate a commitment to personal development
• A strong role model who has the courage to challenge when care is compromised
• Energised by motivating others and skilled in bringing out the best in those around you
• Committed to developing your leadership skills
Urgent Care, Post-Acute Medicine
There are currently 7 wards on the Denmark Hill site. They include four general medicine wards (each with a speciality link) and three Health & Ageing wards (care of older people).
We have been working hard to develop our nursing practice and we are very proud of our progress so far. We want to continue that development, if you would describe yourself as a compassionate nurse and you think you can contribute - we would like you to be part of our team.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Anna Castellano on bleep 3708 or email Apply
or Yumela Chetty on Apply
or via e mail Apply
- Check your email account regularly as this is how we will communicate with you
- If you delete the job from any of your accounts, you may be prevented from accessing further communications
- To enquire about your application or inform us of any changes in your circumstances, please contact the named person on this advert
- Please provide email addresses for referees where possible
- Click here to see the range of benefits we offer
- Please review the documentation on our recruitment microsite, particularly the Trust’s criminal records checking policy
- All staff have a responsibility for safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and for ensuring they are aware of the specific duties relating to their role.
- Due to a high volume of applications, this advert might close before the displayed closing date. It is therefore recommended that you apply promptly
After applying via NHS Jobs, your submitted application will be imported into our ‘Trac’ recruitment system. All subsequent information regarding your application will be generated from apps.trac.jobs. You will not be able to track the progress of your application on NHS Jobs and we will not be able to respond to emails sent through it. By applying for this post you are agreeing to King’s transferring the information contained in your application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the national NHS Electronic Staff Records system.
Equality and Diversity Information
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Annual Reports and Other Corporate Publications
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust - Our Values (Links to a Video on 'You Tube')
King's Health Partners Academic Health Science Centre Website
King's College Hospital is part of King's Health Partners Academic Health Sciences Centre (AHSC), a pioneering collaboration between King's College London, and Guy's and St Thomas', King's College H