Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust provides specialist mental health services and community services for more than one million people in Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Heywood, Middleton, Stockport, Trafford, Tameside and Glossop. The Trust’s Headquarters is based in Ashton-under-Lyne, ten miles north east of Manchester city centre.
The Trust provides support to all new starters, in patient facing roles bands 1 to 4, to successfully complete the Care Certificate standards relevant to their role. The certificate provides knowledge and skills to enable staff to perform safely and effectively.
The Trust is committed to improving the working lives of our employees. We actively promote equal opportunities, flexible working & staff support
We are committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults & expect all employees & volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments to regulated activities will require an enhanced DBS disclosure
Everything we do is underpinned by five meaningful CARES values:C
These shape how we work, define what we stand for and show everyone what Pennine Care is all about.
The Trust reserves the right to close this post once a sufficient number of applications have been submitted. It is encouraged that you complete the application at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.** Interviews will be held on 10th October 2018 **
STAFF NURSE – TREATMENT ROOM
Post Title Staff Nurse
Service/Ward/Department Treatment Room
Band & salary scale Band 5
Hours of work 37.5 hours
This is an exciting opportunity for any Band 5 Staff Nurses.
Trafford Treatment Room Clinics deliver high quality nursing from several Neighbourhood clinics and are looking to recruit a Band 5 Staff Nurse for 37.5 hours per week.
The post holder will be required to deliver high quality nursing care to patients within the treatment room setting. They will be expected to work holistically, assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individual patient needs, without direct supervision and in line with Pennine Care guidelines and processes.
Key Responsibilities of the Post:
Clinical and Profession
1. To deliver a high standard of evidence based care to patients.
2. Participate in the ongoing assessment, implementation, development and evaluation of programmes of care in conjunction with the patient, carers and/or other disciplines/agencies.
3. To assist the patient towards self-care and maximise rehabilitation, advising on the principles of a healthy lifestyle and help carers to care for the patient in between visits through education and teaching, advising on the promotion of health and prevention of ill health.
4. Effective communication with colleagues, patients, carers and other agencies working on behalf of the patient within an integrated team.
5. Attend and participate in case conferences and meetings, and ensure that all relevant information is exchanged and communicated to appropriate participants and agencies.
6. To participate in the Trust’s clinical governance agenda through involvement in research projects, audit and benchmarking to ensure that all patients received evidence based care.
7. Keep and maintain accurate records in agreement with NMC guidelines and PCFT policy with increasing access to information technology.
8. Work within and adhere to the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) Professional Code of Conduct
Appointments to regulated and controlled activities require an enhanced DBS disclosure.** Interviews will be held on 10th October 2018 **
For further details / informal visits contact:
Informal Contact Name: Sally Jackson
Job Title: Sister
Contact Number: Apply All new starters to Pennine Care NHS Foundation Trust who are appointed to a post which requires a Disclosure Barring Certificate check (DBS) will be recharged for the full cost of the check. Substantive staff can choose to spread the cost over their first three months’ salary or pay the full amount from their first months’ salary. Members to the Trust bank must repay the full amount from their first pay. The Trust encourages all staff and bank workers to register with the DBS update service at an annual cost of £13, for bank members this is obligatory. The cost of an enhanced DBS check is £44 and for a standard check £26, both attract an administration charge of £3.50.
- Priority will be given to applications from NHS employees with an at risk status
- This post is on PCFT T&C's. If you are an internal employee currently on transferred T&C's and you are