I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Deputy Home Manager - £35,000 - £40,000 - Full Time - Stockport
I am looking for a Registered Nurse with Senior Nursing or Deputy Manager experience for a medium sized, purpose-built nursing home based in Stockport, Cheshire. The home specialises in Elderly Nursing & Mental Health Conditions and is an integral part of the local community.
What the Candidate requires:
* A nursing Qualification with Valid NMC Pin Number (RGN or RMN)
* Minimum of 2 years as a senior nurse or clinical lead
* Successful candidates must have a sound understanding of the CQC's standards of practice alongside an up-to-date knowledge of all other relevant legislation.
* A clean DBS
* Experience in working with elderly care would be preferable
* 2 Referees
* As a Deputy Manager you have responsibility for leading a team of nursing staff to ensure the delivery of an excellent standard of care, which promotes independence and dignity and positively enhances the lives of individuals in our care.
* Maintaining an open and honest communication style, and appropriately escalating any issues
* Being aware of and adhering to relevant legislations, guidelines and procedures by means of protecting residents' welfare
* Performing on-call duties as and when appropriate
* Oversee all aspects of medicine management - ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered to our clients.
* Supervising junior and new members of staff in all aspects of their clinical work
* Encourage staff morale and development of a good rapport with all employees
* Perform regular appraisals of staff
* Practice within the guidance and legal framework of CQC Regulations and the Essential standards of Quality and Safety, Infection Control, Medication and Confidentiality, and NMC's standards and guidance
* Conduct care audits - monitor standards of care and take corrective action where appropriate.
* Positively influence the reputation of the home - communicating professionally and warmly with visitors including family & friends.
* Play an active role in ensuring compliance within the home - managing the implementation of policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other external recognition of quality.
* Maintain clinical excellence - role model's high standards of nursing care, ensuring legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines are followed.
* Support the financial effectiveness of the home - ensure the home operates within budget through effective use of resources and identify areas to improve efficiency.
Ref: Deputy Home Manager - Stockport