Are you looking for a new challenge within adult mental health?
Give your career a positive change with an exciting opportunity that has become available at Cygnet Hospital Sheffield - we are actively recruiting due to service changes.
We are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist (Band 6 / Specialist) to join us on a full time basis, working 40 hours per week between Monday to Friday.
Cygnet Hospital Sheffield offers low secure and mental health rehabilitation services for women and CAMHS services for male and female adolescents over four distinct wards. This role would be working on Shepherd Ward which provides treatment for women with a diagnosis of severe and enduring mental illness, including personality disorder, and/or a mild learning disability.
• Work closely with the Occupational Therapy team and onsite MDT who will assist you in the day to day duties and running of the OT department
• Manage a defined caseload of clients using evidenced based practice / client based principles
• Complete assessments which inform the planning and facilitation of interventions appropriate to the client’s needs, choices and interests
• Receive support from the Lead Occupational Therapist to further develop your OT experience and skills
The Successful Candidate
• A Degree / Postgraduate Diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Therapy, registration with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and a member of the RCOT (Royal College of Occupational Therapy)
• Experience in the field of Adult Mental Health and / or a Low Secure setting is preferred
• We are seeking an expereinced Band 5 OT (emerging Band 6) / experienced Band 6 / Specialist OT
• An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/interventions and can take a “hands on” approach
• The ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
• A good understanding of core Occupational Therapy skills and the motivation to keep up-to-date with current best practice in OT
• Excellent communication / time management skills
In return we will offer you:
• Salary from £30,661 - £35,577 (dependent on experience)
• Company pension scheme
• Clinical supervision and suport by a Highly Specialist / Lead OT
• Opportunity to attend regular OT meetings focused on CPD, service development, and clinical case discussion
• CPD and research opportunities
We have almost 30 years’ experience in providing specialist mental health treatment, rehabilitation and support in service user focused environments that provide evidenced, quality health care in national and regional care pathways.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity and would like an informal discussion opportunity, please contact Hilary (Lead Occupational Therapist) on Apply
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*Are you looking for a new challenge where you can make a positive difference?
Click the link to apply.