I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Job Reference: 13SSN001
Closing Date: 12th October 2018
We have an exciting opportunity in our Eastbourne (Polegate) Clinic for a staff nurse who wants to make a difference in our patients lives.
The Eastbourne clinic is a purpose built clinic in the Chaucer Business park affording free private parking for employees and patients alike. The unit provides Renal outpatient treatments for patients requiring kidney dialysis and works in partnership with the Brighton and Sussex NHS Trust. Services are provided Monday to Saturday from 6:30am to 11:30pm with a combination of shift times (no night shifts or Sunday working required).
The clinic is afforded with 16 dialysis stations and a consultant supports the unit with monthly visits/reviews. The facilities are spacious and there is a dedicated staff room/rest room facility for staff. There are bus services to this area which is situated near Stone Cross and Polegate, just a short journey from the beautiful Eastbourne and Brighton coastlines.
You will provide patient care according to Diaverum procedures, in order to increase the quality of life for our patients. A comprehensive professional training programme will be provided to you, including on-the-job training, e-learning and access to our in-house education programme ‘d Academy’.
• Take ownership of care programmes for renal patients including the initiation and termination of dialysis, whilst providing stable clinical care, emotional support and independence for patients
• Follow the tailored care plans to administer medications, fluid therapy or other appropriate treatments as per Consultant instructions and ensuring clinical activity is appropriately documented in the patient medical record
• Perform patient assessment including but not limited to vital signs and all other parameters of the ESRD patients, review dialysis orders, determine general physical and mental condition of patient through observations and interview, and assist in determining compliance to dietary or medication regimen.
• Act as a named staff nurse for a group of assigned patients ensuring ‘great care‘ is provided at all times
• Analyse patient data; assess and monitor status of vascular accesses, review laboratory results, patient assessments and escalate any relevant changes or abnormalities to the Consultant.
• Undertake the role of Nurse in Charge as and when required and/or deputise for the Clinic Manager
• Prepare and monitor dialysis machines and systems in ine with Diaverum processes
• Monitor dialysis water treatment system for use according to the established procedures
• Provide a mentorship approach to the team, empowering patients, qualified nurses, ancillary staff to share knowledge and skills
• Proactively participate in quality and service improvement programmes
• NMC Registered General Nurse
• Awareness and Understanding of NMC code of professional conduct
• In possession of/or working towards a post registration clinical course in Renal Nursing (ENB 136 or equivalent)
• Strong experience in a renal dialysis setting (2 years+)
• Ideally have a Mentorship/Teaching Qualification
• Have a positive and dynamic approach to providing safe and effective delivery of care
• Excellent communication skills
GROW WITH US!