I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Home is the place where we feel most happy and secure. Community Services provides compassionate support for our clients who wish to remain or return home despite needing some level of nursing or care. We are guided by our experience and knowledge and we care about the people; the candidates we place, the clients we support and the futures of the colleagues we work with.
Community Services are looking for experienced Community Nurses who want to utilise their clinical experience but are ready for a more office based role. We are aiming to provide a 111-style service to our community clients and staff during out of hours.
Under the direction of the Clinical Lead and Business Manager the On-Call Coordinator is responsible for giving guidance and clinical support for calls outside of business hours.
• Answer incoming calls promptly in a polite and professional manner, ensuring the corporate greeting is given at all times and other call standards are adhered to.
• Record all contact with candidates in the system ‘Contact Events’ promptly with details of the clinical advice given in line with ICS Policy and procedures
• Ensure all email and other electronic orders are accessed and processed promptly
• Ensure On Call are updated, advised and communication is accurate to all parties
• Ensure full and comprehensive handovers are given to Clinical Team and business units
• Developing good communication links and working relationships with candidates, external clients and internal customers.
• Helping out with ad-hoc admin tasks.
• Ensuring the use of the computer system and associated programs are carried out in line with company guidelines, procedures and legislation (e.g. Data Protection Act).
• Ensure all data/information (whether stored electronically or manually) is kept up to date always
• Clinically manage client’s needs out of hours in line with care and contingency plans
• Liaising with existing clients to facilitate placement of suitably qualified and skilled agency workers
• Attend monthly and other ad-hoc meetings as required even though they may be outside normal working hours
• Any other duties as required.
• Assists with ensuring compliance with relevant quality policies and procedures and legislative requirements and keeping up to date with changes as determined by the Quality and Compliance team.
• Responsibility for answering clinical calls efficiently and safely – presenting a professional and businesslike manner at all times
• Resolve problems quickly & accurately following appropriate procedure
• Adheres to ICS health and safety policies and procedures, reporting issues to management if required.
• Maintaining CPD in line with NMC requirements
Education / Qualifications / Knowledge
• Clinical /Nursing qualifications - Essential
• Numerate & literate - Essential
• Nurse Pin - Essential
Skills / Training
• Ability to organise and prioritise own work load - Essential
• Strong interpersonal skill - Essential
• Good telephone manner - Essential
• Strong IT skills - Essential
• Proven track record of solving queries in effective time scale - Desirable
• Experience of working in the healthcare sector using clinical triage skills - Desirable
• Exposure within the NHS/Public sector - Desirable
Disposition / Personal Qualities
• Self motivated and driven, ability to work without supervision - Essential
• Ability to produce accurate and detailed work to tight timescales - Essential
• Ability to write and record accurate clinical details - Essential
• Professional and dynamic - Essential
• Enthusiastic and committed to the business objectives of the Company - Essential
• Ability to negotiate and influence others - Desirable