Help us to create positive change for those with learning disabilities by improving patients’ lives through outstanding healthcare.
Cygnet Cedars is a 24-bed high dependency complex care service for men with learning disabilities and other complex needs. The hospital has a further two bed step-down service, allowing for further community integration and focus on daily living skills.
Cygnet Cedars have been rated as being ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission.
In joining our nursing cohort at Cygnet Healthcare, you’ll become part of an inspirational team, delivering exceptional care in a modern environment alongside nurses who care as much about patient outcomes as you.
We’ll support you in working the way you want to, creating opportunities that let you grow professionally and enhance your skills every day.
Create real positive change, in your career and through your care.
In this role you will:
• Oversee the effective admission/discharge of patients
• Ensure all social and health needs are assessed and risks evaluated
• Be responsible for the implementation of risk assessments
• Take responsibility for Patient / staff meetings, including CPAs; Handovers; Tribunals and Ward rounds
We're looking for people who:
• Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act
• Are a Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse or Registered Mental Health Nurse with a strong Learning Disabilities background (must hold current PIN)
• Currently operating as a Head of Care / Ward Manager or significant experience in a Senior Nursing role
• Have experience in Acute, Rehabilitation, Mental Health, Learning Disabilities or forensic psychiatry.
• Have evidence of functioning in a supervisory role as a clinician in a similar setting within a multi-disciplinary team.
In return we’ll offer you:
• RCNi membership
• Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision & peer support
• A high quality work environment
• Free meals on duty
• Opportunity to undertake further learning.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.