Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.Registered Nurse, General Medicine, Band 5, salary between £23,023 and £29,608 (+ excellent NHS benefits), ***SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CANDIDATES***
Registered Nurses required to work within our ‘Marvellous Medicine’ division at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts. Gate 34a and 9a are short stay general medicine acute units supporting patients in a range of specialties including Cardiology, Respiratory, Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology and Palliative Care. The average length of stay for our patients is four days. You will be based in the award winning Brunel building at Southmead Hospital, North Bristol.Salary range:
between £23,023 to £29,608, (AFC, band 5) dependent on experience, plus an additional supplement of 30% for Saturdays and between 8pm and 6am and a 60% supplement for Sundays and bank holidays for any work undertaken as a result of working on a shift out of hours. You will also be eligible for a wide variety of excellent NHS benefits.WHY APPLY?
This Registered Nurse position gives a fantastic opportunity for a role with-
- Variety- you will gain exposure to a wide range of different specialisms within the medical division
- Flexible interview options-we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face, whichever is easiest for you
- An excellent team- work within a vibrant, enthusiastic team dedicated to providing high quality care
- Career progression- the experience gained working in general medicine will support you with future career aspirations in specialist medicine or high dependency areas such as I.C.U.
- Rotation- There is also the opportunity to take part in a rotation programme across the medicine division in Complex Care, Specialist and Acute medicine.
- Excellent working facilities- you may be based in the Brunel building at Southmead Hospital which has been named the best designed large hospital internationally at the European Healthcare Awards
Why choose to work in General Medicine?
- Award winning location-Bristol has been consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to spectacular countryside and coastlines. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome, Thornbury, Weston-Super-Mare).
“We have an amazing team who work well together. I have learnt lots in my time at 34a being the tissue viability link nurse”- Kirsty, Staff Nurse“
I enjoy working within a small tight knit team and love that I learn a lot quickly by supporting different patients’ needs”- Jade, Staff Nurse“
No two days are the same here. I enjoy working in a fast paced, exciting ward where we get to learn about a variety of specialties”- Megan, Staff Nurse
“We are a dynamic team who are committed to learning and engaged to provide the best care for our patients. We are a great starting ward for newly qualified nurses who want to gain more general knowledge within the medical directorate”- Becky, Ward SisterTHE ROLE:
As a Registered Nurse, you will key a role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based-centered care. Key duties will include:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating programmes of care
- Assessing patients changing conditions and delegating care, taking into account staff skills and competence
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with all members of the multi-disciplinary team
Successful candidates for this Registered Nurse vacancy will be:
- A Registered Nurse with current NMC registration