Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.Registered Nurse – Complex Medicine, Band 5, salary between £23,023 and £29, 608 (+ excellent NHS benefits), ***SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CANDIDATES***
Registered Nurses required to work at one of the UK’s largest NHS Hospital Trusts within our Complex Medicine Wards. Our Complex Care Services have an excellent reputation covering Complex, Rehabilitation and Elderly Care where we house acute and post-acute inpatient wards of which 75% have a single side room with TV and ensuite with 33 beds in each. You will be based in our award winning Brunel building at Southmead Hospital, North Bristol.Salary range:
between £23,023 to £29,608, (AFC, band 5) dependent on experience, plus an additional supplement of 30% for Saturdays and between 8pm and 6am and a 60% supplement for Sundays and bank holidays for any work undertaken as a result of working on a shift out of hours. You will also be eligible for a wide variety of excellent NHS benefits.WHY APPLY?
- To provide high quality acute medical care for every patient
- Flexible interview options- we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face, whichever is easiest for you
- Rotation opportunities- there is also the opportunity to take part in a rotation programme across the medicine division in Complex Care, Specialist and Acute medicine.
- To support patients in getting medically fit to return home
- Excellent training and Development with enhanced care teaching
Why choose Complex Care?
- 3 large wards with state of the art equipment.
“What comes to my mind about 28b is teamwork, every person in our team is valued, their contribution is acknowledged and respected. Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, as a team we support each other and work together to allow each person to reach their full potential in a professional, non-judgemental and kind way. We are a friendly and approachable team”- Charlotte, Senior Staff NurseTHE ROLE:
- To work with complex patients/needs who require acute and enhanced care
- To assess and identify deteriorating situations.
- Assessment discharging and pathway to return home
- Application of Intravenous drips & fluid and antibiotics
- Involvement in End of Life care
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Registered Nurse with current NMC registration & Pin Number
- Acute Hospital Experience
- Compassion and understanding working with complex patients / needs
- Ability to work flexibly across all of our shift patterns
And if you are from outside the area, Bristol is consistently voted as one of the best places to live in the UK, with a rich history, thriving arts, music, and gastronomic and independent retail scenes, excellent transport links and easy access to the spectacular countryside and coastlines of South Wales, Devon, Dorset and Cornwall. Apply now! For further enquiries or more information please contact Apply
.***This role is eligible for our Internal Refer a Friend scheme***
If it’s not for you please share with anyone who may be interested – Thanks! Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates who are interviewed.
For further details / informal visits contact: Apply
or call us on Apply
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first instance.
Those from within the BNSSG (Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire) who apply for this role will be considered in the secon