Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via the NHS Jobs website or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your NHS Jobs and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.Staff Nurse – Major trauma – Band 5 Up to £28.7k + Excellent NHS Benefits
****SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CANDIDATES****
Staff Nurses are required to join our committed nursing team on Gate 26B. This ward is a busy 33 bedded major trauma ward with 24 single rooms and 2 four bedded bays with patients looked after by several different teams – orthopaedics, general surgery, neuro-surgery as well as plastics. North Bristol Trust is the major trauma centre for the Southwest of England.
You will be based at our state-of-the art £450m Southmead Hospital with a basic salary between £22.128k and £28.746k (AFC Band 5) – depending on experience, plus an additional supplement of 30% for Saturdays between 8pm and 6am and 60% supplement for Sundays and Bank holidays for any work undertaken as a result of working on a shift out of hours.JOIN THE TEAM TO:
- Work within our Major Trauma centre alongside the multi-disciplinary team
- Benefit from ample opportunities to develop your clinical skills
WE CAN OFFER:
- Assist and follow patients after trauma in order to provide the best care for them and their families
- Flexible interview options –via Skype or face to face –whichever is easiest for you.
- Offering short or long shifts , full or part time
- Speciality specific ward based and classroom training
- Development opportunities
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (eg Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome and Thornbury)THE ROLE –
Key duties will include:
- Working with patients who have undergone emergency surgery for trauma related injuries
- Being responsible for coordinating and providing complete care to allocated patients and work as a part of the team
- Working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team, including Therapists, doctors and specialty nurses.
- To be actively involved in their own development and supporting junior member s of the team in their development
- Supporting patients and their families during their stay
- Supporting junior nurses and student nurses.
- To strictly adhere to local and trust wide Infection Control policy and procedures
The successful Staff Nurse will be:
- A Registered Nurse with active NMC registration
- Flexible and willing to undertake internal rotation to night duty and weekends
- Experienced in an Acute Hospital setting which is desirable but not essential
- Hardworking with the drive to go the extra mile
Apply now! Or contact Apply
for more information. If it’s not for you please share with anyone who might be interested – thanks! Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates that have been shortlisted!****This Role is eligible for our Internal Refer a Friend Scheme****
For further details / informal visits contact:
Eva Stacey - Apply
The following is applicable for ‘At Risk’ employees, who must meet the essential shortlisting criteria to be eligible for interview.
Those from within North Bristol NHS Trust who apply for this role will be considered for shortlisting in the first ins