A new opportunity has arisen for a Registered Nurse to join our fantastic team at St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre based in Portsmouth.
We are a growing business and everything we do is about putting people first, whether that be delivering exceptional care and support for our clients, or providing growth and development opportunities for our teams.
St Mary's Treatment Centre on Milton Road was purpose built in 2005 and the facility provides treatment to all attending NHS patients. Our clean, modern and comfortable hospital specialises in minor hand and foot surgery, eye surgery, general surgery, urology, colorectal surgery and endoscopy.
At St Mary’s we are passionate about creating an exceptional experience for all NHS patients, and are dedicated to delivering the highest standards of quality and safety. We believe in treating patients as quickly and carefully as possible, helping them to feel better, faster.
Head Nurse - Day Surgery Unit
· The Nurse delivers patient focussed care which includes; assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of care in line with Care UK’s model of care. This requires the position to have highly developed acute nursing and technical skills pertinent to the specialist area
· Participates in a rotation throughout all of the day surgery areas of pre-assessment, pre and post op, endoscopy and theatres. Follows current shift patterns and the annualised hour’s system adopted by the unit
· Is aware of the applicable National Minimum Standards in relation to the Healthcare Commission’s annual inspection. This includes knowledge of specific departmental policies
· Plays an active role in adhering to the outcomes and action plans for Clinical and Non-Clinical Risk Assessments for Patient Care and the Environment
· To maintain standards of infection control within the ward and during clinical care and to assist patients to maintain their own infection control needs
Skills & Experience
· Experience as a Registered Adult Nurse on a surgical ward and ideally some experience of the Independent Sector
RN (Level 1), BSc / Diploma or other relevant Post Graduate Qualification or a Portfolio demonstrating relevant experience
37.5 hours a week over 4 days
Weekend work is limited. No overnights
For more information, visit Apply
and link to http:// Apply
Please note that offers of employment are subject to receipt of satisfactory pre-employment checks.
At Care UK, we actively promote diversity and equal opportunities.
Applicants must have the right to work in the EU.