I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Finegreen are recruiting on behalf of one of the leading healthcare groups in the UK for the appointment of an Orthopaedic Manager to join their Nursing team in one of their most prestigious hospitals in London.
As a Senior Nurse Manager, you will be responsible for providing overall clinical and professional leadership to the staff within the orthopaedic ward and will be accountable for all practice within the clinical area, ensuring the delivery of the highest standard of service to all stakeholders. In addition to this, you will help to identify any areas for growth and development within the ward, implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience in line with business strategy. You will report into the Chief Nursing Officer and deputise for the CNO or Deputy CNO as and when required.
Please note, this is a full time position 37.5 hours per week with working hours will be between 9 am and 5 pm (Monday to Friday).
• Manage the department within an agreed budget including complying with the workforce planning objectives and units of service;
• Ensure patient environment meets expected standards within the department;
• Investigate incidents and complaints thoroughly, enabling the CEO/CNO to respond within the agreed timeframe;
• Devise and implement an annual service plan for the department that is clearly linked to the hospital business plan;
• Respond appropriately to feedback from all key stakeholders and develop the ward/department as a business;
• Responsible for recruitment and retention of staff and provide departmental Human Resource guidance with support from the HR team;
• Offering clinical supervision to all staff as required.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times and to be professionally accountable for own practice and lead all the nurses in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care. You will act promptly and take appropriate action in medical emergencies and will be responsible for initiating the audit of clinical practice within the department and changing practice where appropriate. The post holder will have strong leadership skills and enjoy working in a very fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will have:
• RGN, with current NMC registration;
• Significant post registration experience within Orthopaedics;
• Post basic qualification in clinical specialty relevant to practice area;
• Teaching and Assessing and/or Mentorship qualification is essential;
• Competent in Life support (ILS) is essential. ALS will be desirable;
• A management qualification is desirable;
• Previous experience gained within the private sector is desirable;
• Demonstrable time management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
A competitive salary of circa £50,000 - £60,000 per annum with a flexible benefits scheme includes a contribution pension scheme, the use of all the client facilities and annual salary review and 25 days holiday each year. Relocation packages are available if you are living outside of London or the UK.
This is an excellent job opportunity to advance and develop your career with one of the leading private healthcare organisations. For further information and details please email your CV to Apply or contact me on Apply.