I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve?
We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Priory High Wycombe Hospital will be opening as a newly refurbished 12 bed independent hospital, providing specialist inpatient treatment for Children and Adolescent with Mental Health and Learning Disability in Spring 2018. Conveniently, located close to M40 J4, the new service will specialise in the management and treatment of a wide range of mental health conditions. The hospital will provide a specialist Low Secure environment for young people aged 13-18 years and will consist of a 7 day, 24 hour service fully supported by a Senior Management Team and multi-disciplinary specialist clinicians on site and a school.
As a Charge Nurse at High Wycombe you will be working within a team that includes a range of professionals making an effective contribution to providing high quality care to our patients.
You will be supported to work within an identified career development pathway and will be supported with Peer Review, Clinical Supervision, mentorship and Appraisal.
Our Charge Nurse role involves:
* Being a clear leader for the Nursing team and managing shifts
* Providing high quality care in acute wards, low and medium secure wards, with patients suffering from personality disorders and enduring mental illness; and acute episodes of illness
* Developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
* Following all codes of conduct, standards and legislation, respecting the rights of others and promoting ethical practice
* Contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care alongside the individual, and monitoring patient progress
* Mentoring and supporting student nurses and other members of the team
* Promoting professional development within the team
To be successful in this role you will need to be committed to Personal Learning and Development, Evidence and Values Based Practice and Patient Centred Care. You will need to have excellent team working skills and be highly self-motivated with a flexible approach.
- RMN / RNLD
* Experience in a supervisory role
* A recognised mentoring certificate
* The ability to assess and teach junior staff
* A proven ability to co-ordinate care, prioritise tasks and manage Health & Safety issues
* The drive to learn and develop
* A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence-based practice
Some of the benefits we offer Qualified Nurses are:
* Free car parking and Free meals whilst on duty
* 25 days' annual leave plus 8 bank holidays increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays with length of service
* Extra Service Annual leave awards
* Career development - progress across the Staff Nurse grading is via a distinct career path
* An employee assistance programme
* Free meals/refreshments when on duty
* Free car parking
* Sign on bonus
* £1000 on joining
* £1000 after 6m probation
* £1000 after 1 year service
* £1000 after 2 years' service
* £1000 after 3 years' service
* Total = £5000 over 3 years
* £1,500 e-voucher code for The Priory Benefits portal to be redeemed on various items including discounted shopping, red letter days, gym membership etc
* Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
* Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
* If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
* To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
* Payment into the pension scheme
* CPD top up
* Donation to a charity of their choice
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
£ 24800 - 26700 Per yearFull timePermanentMaidenhead, Berkshire, England
Preceptorship Nurse ( RGN / RMN / RNLD / RSCN ) Service type: CAMHS Hospital ( Children and adolescents ) Location: Maidenhead, Ber...