Embrace a challenging new role full of the opportunities you need to grow your career.
We currently have exciting opportunities to join our Nursing Team at Harrow.
Cygnet Hospital Harrow in Middlesex offers a range of mental health services. Our low secure unit helps men with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder and our Diagnostic Assessment Clinic enables staff to provide targeted treatments. The rehabilitation ward supports those stepping down from more secure care facilities.
Harrow Hospital is a 61 bed specialist mental health service which offers a range of services including acute mental health, low secure and recovery and rehabilitation for adult males with ASD, LD and mental health issues.
Our new 15 bed Springs Centre has 11 rehabilitation beds and 4 crisis beds within a locked ward environment.
In this role you will:
• Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual patient programs of care with a focus on risk assessment / management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Program Approach are met in a timely manner
• Report any ill health amongst patients and make requests for R.M.O/GP/Professional visits where necessary
• Support empowerment of patients having regard for their dignity rights whilst maintaining professional responsibility for individuals in our care
• Ensure that individual care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Patient, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines
• Administer prescribed medicines with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
We are looking for people who:
• Are newly Qualified or an Experienced RMN / RNLD with a current Pin Number
• Have experience working with an adult mental health client group
• Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983, an understanding of latest nursing practices and are able to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Have the capacity to maintain documentation and undertake audits
Compassionate and focused on patient recovery to monitor, manage and reduce risk whilst helping to empower and support service user independence
In return we will offer you:
• RCNi membership
• Company pension scheme
• Free life assurance
• A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
• Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
• Subsidised meals and free parking
• Opportunities for CPD, further learning and development
• Expert clinical supervision and peer support
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please click the link to apply.
Cygnet Healthcare has a clear nursing strategy which has been developed by front line staff. Our clinical care is underpinned by strong values and we have a commitment to reducing restrictive practice.
*Please note - speculative recruitment emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own.*