We have an opportunity for a CLINICAL SERVICE MANAGER to join a Windsor based Private Hospitals wards team. The role holder will oversee all day-to-day activities and services throughout the Cancer Services, Critical Care, Medical, Fertility Unit.
this is a full-time 37.5 hour per week role. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Evidence of relevant professional development, both clinically, managerially, preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration. (Supervisory experience welcome)
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing Studies.
- Robust understanding of Clinical Governance requirements for the area.
- Up-to-date knowledge in area of practice. (Medical / Cancer Services / Critical Care / Fertility)
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability.
- Recruitment and selection skills.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience within a Clinical Managerial role.
- Energetic, proactive and driven to succeed.
- Acts on own initiative and problem solves utilising resources available. Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
Duties of this role include:
- To strategically plan the clinical services, responsible for day to day organisation and management of clinical departments.
- Providing clear direction and leadership to all clinical staff, whilst supporting the initiatives of the hospital.
- Taking responsibility to lead the department under the direction of the Director of Clinical Services.
- To work clinical as required, with a minimum of one clinical shift per week.
- Achievement of labour management target, nursing costs KPI and weekly completion of staff utilisation spreadsheets.
- To ensure the provision of individualised patient care.
- To promote and safeguard the wellbeing and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
- Consultants, patients and relatives need to be dealt with sensitively and effectively.
- To ensure within the clinical areas that staff identify, plan, implement and evaluate the care/service.
- To deal with any verbal or written complaints in a timely manner, taking action as required addressing any deficiencies highlighted.
Salary & Benefits:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays per annum
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer