Help us to create positive change by improving patients’ lives through outstanding healthcare.
Alders is a 20 bed rehabilitation service providing assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for women with personality disorder and complex needs.
Rehabilitation is provided in a therapeutic environment, with a level of security matched to individual needs. The aim of the treatment, rehabilitation and re-socialisation programme is to prepare the people in our care either for transfer to conditions of lesser security, or for a life in the community.
In joining our nursing cohort at Cygnet Health Care, you’ll become part of an inspirational team, delivering exceptional care in a modern environment alongside nurses who care as much about patient outcomes as you.
We’ll support you in working the way you want to, creating opportunities that let you grow professionally and enhance your skills every day.
Create real positive change, in your career and through your care.
In this role you will:
• Supervise Nurses and Support Workers and ensure care and associated duties are allocated effectively and within team members' competence
• Ensure that all staff in your team have the opportunity to participate fully in supervision, that salient issues are addressed and that comprehensive monitoring and documentation is in place at all times
• Monitor staff rotas to ensure effective staffing on shifts informing the Head of Care of any shortfalls or issues that may affect patient care and safety
• Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programmes of care. With a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Programme Approach are met in a timely manner
• Ensure that all Staff contribute and are accountable for the efficient running of the Hospital and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Patients. Duties may include acting up for the Head of Care and/or the Hospital Manager in their absence.
We're looking for people who:
• Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act
• Have an understanding of the Mental Capacity Act
• Have an understanding of latest nursing practices
• Have the ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
• Are a Registered Nurse Mental Health/RNLD - Current Pin registration.
In return we’ll offer you:
• RCNi membership
• Regular reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
• Expert clinical supervision & peer support
• A high-quality work environment
• Free meals on duty
• Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme.
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Ready to make a positive change? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.