I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Kings Oak and Cavell Hospitals in Enfield has a vacancy for a Registered Children's Nurse (Bank) to join their team of staff in the Nursing department .
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Paediatric Advanced Life Support
* Registered Child Nurse with NMC registration
* Up to date knowledge in acute paediatric medicine / surgery
* Awareness about Safeguarding Children processes
* Aware of NMC code of Accountability
* Experience within an acute Children's area or willing to undergo period of preceptorship
* Basic Paediatric Life Support
* Experience of customer care, including interacting with challenging customers and situations.
* Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively.
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
Duties of this role include:
* To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures as a skilled member of the nursing team.
* To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors.
* To plan, implement and evaluate plans of patient care.
* To carry out pre-assessments for paediatric patients who have been booked for an elective procedure.
* Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
* To ensure the emergency paediatric equipment is checked on a daily basis and meets required guidelines, escalating to the Nurse in charge any deficits.
* To ensure that own nursing practice is in accordance with hospital policies and guidelines and that professional practice is in accordance with the NMC Code.
* To escalate any safeguarding concerns to the appropriate clinical leader or Executive Director.
* To supervise unregistered members of staff, such as Healthcare Assistants, and ensure that tasks delegated to them are appropriate for delegation and that completion of tasks is monitored
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
£ 30000 - 35000 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
We are seeking an experienced Dialysis and/or Critical Care Nurse to join our clients Product Department as Clinical Nurse Speciali...
£ 28536 Per yearFull timePermanentCity of Westminster, London, Greater London, England
A highly reputable independent hospital in the Westminster area of London is currently seeking to recruit a Registered General Nurs...