I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
1. Plan the delivery of patient care and take responsibility for implementing and evaluating that
care, using an appropriate nursing model.
2. To provide advice and education to patients, staff and learners within the directorate as
required. To develop communication networks across specialities and throughout the
3. Be able to prioritise their own workload and of those working with them such as learners
and Healthcare Assistants. When in charge of the ward know how to delegate what staff to
what duties and ensure the smooth running of the ward.
4. Know how to impart news of a distressing nature to patients and relatives. This will include
passing on news of a patient’s death or helping a patient/relative understand a diagnosis such
5. Carry out nursing care to the highest possible standard according to Trust Policies and
Practice and Clinical Guidelines. This requires a thorough understanding of policies and
guidance related to for example: infection control, hygiene and individualised patient needs.
6. To administer patient medication according to Trust Policy, this includes the administration
of intravenous medication.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. The post holder will have a comprehensive knowledge of nursing and will be able to care for
a patient from admission to discharge.
2. Will have the ENB 998 or a pass in the Teaching and Mentoring course or be willing to
undertake. To mentor learners and to ensure that they receive the best possible experience
from their learning placement.
3. Will have an up to date PIN number with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
4. Will be accountable as guided by the NMC code of conduct and make sure that PREP
requirements are met.
5. To know what Essence of Care is and how it affects patient care and needs.
6. To know how to deal with people with challenging behaviour and to know when to call for
assistance when needed.
7. Adhere to uniform policy at all times.
8. Liaise with the bed manager and discharge co-ordinator to ensure effective bed
management on the ward, including admission of patients, planning of bed usage and timely
9. The post holder will be expected to work across Whittington Health as the service dictates.
10. To ensure that all equipment is maintained and any faults immediately reported.
Ref: RGN Band 5 nurses