I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
We are currently looking for an experienced Ward Manager RMN for our beautiful hospital based in Mundesley. Our hospital has just opened and this is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and to be part of something exciting from the start.
Main function of the job:-
Jointly with the manager, to share a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of the establishment. Maintain professional standards in all aspects of clinical and managerial tasks to ensure effective management of clinical interventions, the environment and human resources facilitating a safe and caring service.
Main duties of the role:-
1. Exercise effective managerial and clinical leadership of ward/department staff and manage non-compliance with agreed standards in line with service polices and protocols.
2. Participate in the hospital on call system.
3. Undertake individual performance review and the identification and implementation of personal development plans for all staff. This will be achieved by undertaking supervisions and annual appraisals for your staff.
4. Deal personally with patients, families and carers in order to prevent and resolve
concerns and complaints. To ensure that the ward team proactively engages with patients and their families when feedback from concerns are received.
5. Hold regular (no less frequently than monthly) ward meetings and ensure Service and Directorate information is cascaded to the team.
6. Facilitate open and effective communication within the ward team.
7. Manage the selection, appointment and retention of ward staff who exemplify the service values and attitudes and ensure the good reputation of the service.
8. Proactively manage sickness and absence of staff within ward team in accordance with service policy.
9. Ensure that duty rotas are prepared and approved; reflecting establishments, skill mix against patient acuity and workload demand and comply with current roster guidance.
10. Be accountable for the achievement of agreed key performance indicators regarding quality, safety, patient/staff experience and resources.
11. Demonstrate responsibility for reporting all accidents/untoward incidents and harms and ensuring relevant documentation is completed and taking appropriate action in the light of emerging trends.
12. Undertake delegated responsibilities from the Registered Manager and Deputies.
13. Be responsible for the safety, privacy, dignity, respect and well-being of the patients, staff and all visitors to the clinical area.
14. Demonstrate the ward’s compliance with and achievement of ward/departmental quality and performance objectives by completing monthly audits, taking appropriate remedial action as necessary
15. Be accountable for the delivery of and monitoring of quality and performance standards of services provided to the ward by external agencies
16. Ensure the control, administration and disposal of prescribed drugs and medications within the service.
17. Participate in the internal audit process and action deficits identified.
18. Participate in all establishment meetings such as Clinical Governance and Morning Handover.
19. Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times.
20. Undertake other duties appertaining to the post as required by the Manager.
21. Continual personal development to develop oneself and the role.
22. In addition to these tasks, employees may at times be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the service or manager.
• Educated to equivalent of registered nurse, health and social care management qualifications or other relevant field.
• Previous experience as a registered nurse with 5-7 years working in a similar environment.
• Knowledge of CQC regulations.
• Experience in managing staff, motivating teams and recruiting new staff members.
• An understanding of staff induction, supervision, and appraisal processes.
• Leadership and collaborative working style.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Flexibility required and ability to share on call in 24hr working environment.
• A commitment to the provision of high quality care with an interest in the care, learning and development of vulnerable adults in designated service user type.
Helston, Cornwall, England£ 42000 - 49000 Per yearPermanentPosted 21st May 2018
£ 42000 - 49000 Per yearFull time...PermanentPosted 21st May 2018Closes 21st June 2018Ref MANAGERRMCORNWALLRM
UPTO £49 K Manager Beautiful South Cornwall - HELSTON AREA Nursing & Residential Manager - Excellent location for a better work...