I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details including your CV from our site. You will have re-register next time.
• Permanent, fixed term and part time
• Flexible working arrangements available
• Substantial relocation support package
• New Zealand’s leading maternity service
Becoming a Midwife is an immense privilege, allowing you a unique opportunity to partner with women in the wider community as they navigate their journey in to motherhood. It makes sense then that you would partner with the leading healthcare provider to embark on your midwifery career.
Auckland District Health Board (ADHB) is one of the largest quality health providers in New Zealand offering a wide range of primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary services to around 1.6 million people in the northern region as well as nationally for specific specialities. A stone’s throw away from Auckland Domain and the vibrant city lifestyle there is a lot to see and do.
Women’s Health provides high quality health services for women who require specialist maternity, gynaecology and fertility care. Comprehensive neonatal services support our maternity service. Our focus is on achieving the best possible health outcomes for women, their babies and their whanau/family.
About the role
As a staff midwife, you will be at the frontline welcoming the next generation of Kiwis into the world. With approximately 7000 births each year, our service is a hive of activity .Working closely with the multidisciplinary and midwifery education teams, you will be empowered and encouraged to take your learning and skills to the next level. You will be given the scoop to thrive in a range of complex clinical and community settings.
What can you expect from your new role at ADHB?
• Clear pathways to learn and develop professionally across a range of speciality midwifery practice, including clinical expertise, education, research and leadership.
• Comprehensive education and support from our talented midwifery educators
• Flexibility in hours and shifts – permanent, fixed term both part-time and full-time positions available
• Dedicated and diverse team environment
• Based centrally – the Domain is at your door step with close proximity to transport hubs
• Specialist maternity care provided to our community- 24/7 Women’s Assessment Unit, Fetal Maternal Medicine and obstetric services for complex care as well as a devoted Maori Midwife Team
Being a midwife at Auckland DHB will prepare you for opportunities to grow yourself professionally regardless of where you are at in your career or personal life. Our leadership team has a depth of understanding and knowledge of the realities of what the role can bring and provide hands on support to maximise both individual and team performance. We have worked hard to transform the services to promote an environment where our staff can truly do their life’s best work, so now is an exciting time to join us!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for midwives who are focused on supporting and delivering the best possible outcomes for women who engage with our services. Like the rest of our team, you will be called to this specialised role by your passion to work collaboratively, and make a difference through culturally responsive care and professional accountability. We are seeking great midwives who are highly skilled and motivated to work with us to further shape the future development of our maternity service and take us to the next level.
You will have:
• At least two year’s postgraduate experience as a midwife
• Current New Zealand midwifery registration or eligible for registration with the Midwifery Council of New Zealand
• A current Annual Practicing Certificate
If you have the motivation and skills we are looking for then express your interest by applying now. If you would like to have a confidential chat about your application please email Briar Turvey Recruitment Consultant at Apply.
Auckland DHB is committed to the application of the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 and its intent to improve the safety of all children. This position is a Core Children’s Worker as defined by the Act.