Cancer Nurse Specialist - Gynaecology
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
- £ 0.0 - 0.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 20 Nov 2020
- 19 Dec 2020
Spire Healthcare Oncology Services hold the Macmillan Quality Environment Mark (MQEM) and have continued to maintain this at a high level. We are currently working together with Macmillan Adoption team to enter a partnership, this will allow our oncology department and team members to be branded as Macmillan. The post holder will work closely with both our gynaecology consultants, and the oncology team. We are a dynamic and friendly team in a busy environment. This includes having a distinct level of responsibility to gynaecological patients and provide a comprehensive specialist nursing service.
Spire Leeds Hospital located in Roundhay, just ten minutes from Leeds City Centre and has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region's largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will support in assessing patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload.
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet the individuals' health and wellbeing needs.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
- Promote best practice in health and safety and security.
- Assist in maintaining and developing services.
Who we're looking for
- You will be a Registered Nurse.
- Post registration degree - Specialist nurse or working towards
- Working as a practitioner in and across multi-disciplinary teams
- Minimum of 3yrs experience in gynae-oncology care or area of relevance
- Understanding of SACT Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatment
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Grace Little on Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 30663.0 - 40884.0 Per yearFull timePermanentRochdale, Greater Manchester, England
Registered Nurse - Brain Injury & Neurodisabilities - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified preceptorship nurse...
£ 29000.0 - 33216.56 Per yearFull timePermanentSheffield, South Yorkshire, England
Registered Nurse - An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified preceptorship nurse or experienced registered nurse ( ...