Senior Staff Nurse
Chatham, Kent, England
- £ 0.0 - 0.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 19 Nov 2020
- 18 Dec 2020
Due to service expansion the Spire Alexandra Hospital is recruiting for an enthusiastic and committed Senior Staff nurse. You will be based in our Pre-Assessment unit , working alongside an experienced and dynamic team covering a wide variety of specialisms. This unmissable opportunity will enable you to further develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment.
The Spire Alexandra hospital is located in Kent approximately eight miles from Maidstone and five miles from Chatham. We offer everything from health screening and checks, to acute and minor surgery through to professional recovery and rehabilitation. Our facilities boast two laminar flow theatres and 32 beds across two ward areas, an endoscopy suite, imaging department, physiotherapy and outpatient consulting rooms. Our outpatient department is open six days a week, including evenings, offering flexible appointments for patients
Duties and responsibilities
- You will support in assessing patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload
- Undertake pre-operative assessment of patients
- Identify and escalate patients of concern against the hospital's admission criteria to senior nursing staff
- Ability to undertake a full patient health assessment and triage their pre-operative assessment requirements
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet the individuals' health and wellbeing needs.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others
- Promote best practice in health and safety and security
- Assist in maintaining and developing services
Who we're looking for
- You will be a Registered Nurse with no restrictions on practise
- Be used to working in teams with minimum supervision
- Experience of working in an acute environment
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration
- A minimum of 18 months experience within surgical settings or 12 months recent experience in Pre-assessment
- Phlebotomy, venepuncture and ECG skills desirable (or willing to be trained).
- Outstanding communication skills
- Pre-Operative Assessment Association course desirable (or willing to undertake this course within 12 months of employment)
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Sherine Lowers @ Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 25000.0 - 27500.0 Per yearFull timePermanentEast Grinstead, West Sussex, England
Preceptorship Nurse - Specialist Care Home for young adults with learning and physical disabilities- An exciting opportunity has ar...