Registered Mental Health Nurse
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
- £ 25240.0 - 34512.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Nov 2020
- 13 Dec 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a newly qualified or experienced RMN, RNLD, RGN or RCN ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ) to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive Female Mental Health Rehabilitation Hospital located in Guiseley, near Leeds in West Yorkshire. The Hospital is proud of their good recent CQC rating. The Hospital has a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The culture of the hospital is very team orientated and the Managers have an open-door policy and are very approachable and respectful; everyone's contribution is valued.
- Salary: £25,240 - £34,500 per annum ( up to £17.60 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
- Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
- Shifts: Options of Days only (7.35am - 8pm) or Nights only (7.35pm - 8am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
Service Details: This Hospital supports women over the age of 18 who have complex emotional and mental health problems associated with significant risk behaviours. Typically the patients have a diagnosis of personality disorder or a severe mental illness. They may not have had their needs met in a general psychiatric service including acute inpatient units, community mental health teams or community personality disorder service. The service focuses on active rehabilitation with a view to achieving sustainable discharge. The Hospital has two wards in total:
- 9 bed Intensive Support Ward
- 12 bed Treatment and Recovery Ward
*If you have an interest to work in a specific area / on a specific ward, then please state this in your application and we will endeavour to accommodate your preference*
Preceptorship Programme: In the case of newly qualified nurses ( Mental Health Nurse , Learning Disability Nurse and/or Registered Adult Nurse ), the Mental Health Hospital offers a fantastic preceptorship programme. They have a good number of experienced staff to support and mentor newly qualified nurses.
Training / Induction and opportunities for development and progression: The hospital offers a structured and thorough 2-week induction programme, which will include various training courses. You will also have access to clear and structured development programmes where you can see clear pathways to progression within the hospital. Training and development is one of the major ethos' of the hospital. There are no limits to training and development as the hospital will fund any training course you would like to do that is relevant to your job role - for example, one of the ward managers is currently doing a masters in advanced clinical practice funded by the hospital.
Staff wellbeing: The hospital has a monthly staff wellbeing budget and regularly host wellbeing events for their staff. For example, next month a massage therapist is coming into the hospital for 3 days to give massages to nurses for free. The hospital also does regular breakfast mornings, whereby the hospital director comes round with bacon / sausage butties or Krispy Kreme's for all staff. The hospital also does monthly and quarterly staff raffles - some of the recent prizes have been 'a city break for two' or '£1,500 worth of holiday vouchers'.
- A thorough 2 week induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
- Enhanced support with Return to Practice
- A variety of flexible working options
- Free on-site parking
- Free meals on shift
- Enhanced maternity pay
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- Regular breakfast mornings
- Monthly and quarterly staff raffles
- A positive and friendly staff culture
For more information or to apply for the role pl
This job was posted to Ward mental health nurse in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 40910.31 - 40910.31 Per yearFull timePermanentRoyston, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England
WE ARE LOOKING FOR TALENTED PEOPLE LIKE YOU!! Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But...
£ 24.0 - 25.0 Per hourFull timeContractWakefield, West Yorkshire, England
Hunter Mental Health have an opportunity for an experienced Band 6 Registered Mental Health Nurse to join a well-established CAMHS ...