Senior Staff Nurse - Specialist Learning Disability Service for Men
Cheadle, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England
- £ 28000.0 - 33000.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Nov 2020
- 13 Dec 2020
Location: Cheadle, Staffordshire
Salary: £28,000 - £33,000 per annum ( up to £17.00 per hour ) - negotiable depending on your experience
Hours: Full Time and Part Time hours are available - you can choose depending on your preference (options of: 11.5 hours, 23 hours, 34.5 hours or 37.5 hours)
Shifts: Options of Days only (7.30am - 7.40pm) or Nights only (7.30pm - 7.40am) or Mixed shifts on a rotational basis - you can choose depending on your preference
*Excellent recent CQC rating*
*Very positive, friendly and supportive work environment*
*Free meals on shift*
Further Details : An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced RMN or RNLD to work within a very positive, friendly and supportive service for adults who have a learning disability and/or mental health needs. The Service is situated in Cheadle, Staffordshire. The Service has an excellent recent CQC rating. They have a very positive and supportive work environment with a brilliant long-standing team. The have a very low staff turnover and staff morale is very high. They are very big on staff development and training.
Service Details: The Service provides a specialist service for individuals with a learning disability and associated complex conditions including autistic spectrum disorders, personality disorder and forensic issues. Care is provided in a range of small units and houses. These allow the rehabilitation programme to be delivered in a domestic environment which replicates community living more closely than a ward environment.
The Service offers:
- Time limited treatment and rehabilitation placements
- Individualised and intensive treatment through their High Intensity Service
- A step down pathway to community based services
The service is specialist in providing care for individuals with:
- Forensic Histories; including sexual offending
- Highly complex and severe challenging behaviour
The Service Manager has been with the company for a substantial amount of time and is highly-qualified in various areas of nursing, so would be keen to invest time into the training and development of all staff. There are also plenty of opportunities to undertake additional training courses externally on top of the extensive in-house training.
Shifts : The hospital can accommodate part-time or full-time hours and they can be flexible with shifts. They are happy to consider fixed shift patterns and they are happy to consider nurses who prefer working days only or nights only. Please state if you have any preferences on your hours and/or shift pattern in your application.
Location : The Service is best accessed via car and they have free parking on site. The Service is around a 15-minute walk from the nearest bus stop.
- Many benefits in line with the NHS
- A thorough induction programme
- A very strong talent development programme with a clear development structure
- Ongoing and regular training and support
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
- A variety of flexible working options
- Free on-site parking
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Free meals on shift
- Access to development opportunities including:
- Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
- Leadership & management development
- Long service award
- Enhanced support with Return to Practice
- Support with your NMC PIN revalidation
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
- Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
- CPD top up
For more information or to apply for the role please call Erin Giles on Applyor email a copy of your CV to Apply
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Cheadle, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 39000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentStoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England
Senior Registered Nurse / Unit Nurse Manager Location: Stoke-on-Trent, StaffordshireService Type: Specialist Care Home for young a...