Part-time Occupational Health & Wellbeing Advisor
Glasgow, Glasgow City, Scotland
- £ 35000.0 Per year
- Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 13 Nov 2020
- 13 Dec 2020
Allied Vehicles Group was established in 1993 and has grown consistently to become the UK’s leading supplier of adapted and special purpose vehicles. Allied also operates Scotland’s largest independent Bodyshop and offers a range of garage services to insurance, commercial and private customers alike. The company has a nationwide reputation for ensuring quality, value and customer satisfaction all of which is achieved through the dedication and drive of our amazing people.
We are now recruiting for a Part-time Occupational Health & Wellbeing Advisor to join our People & Compliance department. You will provide a proactive occupational health and wellbeing service across the Allied Vehicles Group.
The main duties of the role are:
• Proactive management of pre-employment medicals, long-term sick reviews and capability reviews
• Effective and timely case management/HR referrals from the point of referral to resolution
• Adopt a proactive approach to health surveillance across all areas of the business
• Support the development, implementation and communication of an occupational health and wellbeing strategy and vision
• Work in partnership with operational management teams to provide specialist advice and support
• Develop a best practice approach to mental health awareness/support
• Work with HR Business Partners to proactively monitor and report on sickness absence and to drive a positive culture of wellbeing
• Work with the Group HSE Manager to ensure a joined-up approach to Health, Safety & Wellbeing across the business
• Ensure timely completion of administration and feedback to HR Business Partners
To be effective in this role, you will be a registered Nurse with a recognised qualification in Occupational Health and will be able to proactively build relationships. You will be comfortable working on your own initiative in a fast-paced, challenging environment and will be experience in all aspects of health surveillance/screening procedures, to include the use of Audiometry and Spirometry. Experience in a Manufacturing environment or the motor industry would be advantageous but is not essential.
This is a part-time role, working 21 hours per week, ideally over 5 days. Hours of work would be agreed by the individual/successful candidate. Salary is up to £35k (pro rata) PA DOE.
This position offers a superb opportunity to join a progressive and committed company. In return, we offer:
• 18 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• Aftersales discounts for you, your friends and your family
• Group life scheme and group pension scheme
• Staff car lease scheme
• Industry leading benefits portal
• Free staff car park and subsidised on site cafeteria
If you meet our criteria and would like to play a key role in looking after the health and wellbeing of our biggest assets, our people, then a career with the Allied Vehicles Group is the perfect way to fuel that ambition. Please forward your CV stating why you would be suited to the role via the APPLY NOW button.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Disability Confident Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the requirements for the post.
Please note: due to a high volume of applications we receive, we are not able to respond to every applicant individually, therefore only successful candidates will be contacted.
***NO AGENCIES PLEASE***
Ref: Part-time Occupational Health & Wellbeing Advisor