Pre-Assessment Staff Nurse
Sutton Green, Guildford, Surrey, England
- £ 0.0 - 0.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 10 Nov 2020
- 9 Dec 2020
Spire St Anthony Hospital is looking for a Pre-Assessment Staff Nurse to join our dynamic and forward thinking nursing team, work within safe COVID pathways and benefit from our fully funded training programs and excellent IPC support. We have six operating theatres coving a wide range of specialities and procedure including Ortho, Gynae and Cardio, where you will work alongside some of the best consultants in the region and expand your skills and expertise.
Founded in 1904, Spire St Anthony's Hospital delivers care through skilled and dedicated staff working together. With a completed £27m development investment, we provide very high quality healthcare to patients around Sutton, Epsom, Surrey and South London. We have six operating theatres coving a wide range of specialities and procedure including Ortho, Gynae and Cardio. There is an ITU department providing care and accommodating more complex patients. We have a number of developmental training courses and progression opportunities available for our ambitious employees.
Duties and responsibilities
You will take responsibility for running your own clinics, making accurate patient observations, completing medical history and giving medication advice and act appropriately to abnormal pathology results. You will be part of an extremely supportive team delivering a best in class service, ensuring the health and wellbeing needs of our patients are met in the run up to their operation. You will be trusted and supported to make decisions that are deemed the best for our patients care.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will support in assessing patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload.
- You will complete pre-operative assessments for elective surgery patients across a wide range of specialities
- Assist in the delivery of care to meet the individuals' health and wellbeing needs.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
- Promote best practice in health and safety and security.
- Assist in maintaining and developing services.
Who we're looking for
- You will be a Registered Nurse.
- Be used to working in teams with minimum supervision.
- Experience of working in an acute environment, on surgical wards.
- Ideally experience working in pre-operative assessment.
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Elena Tsoneva on Applyor Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
This job was posted to Ward nurse in Sutton Green, Guildford, Surrey, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 41000.0 - 43000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentLondon, Greater London, England
Role: HCPC/NMC Registered – Disability Analyst Location: Central London (WC) Salary: £41,000 to £43,000 pa, Full and Part Time role...
£ 30000.0 - 33000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentReading, Berkshire, England
Staff Nurse - Mental Health rehabilitation unit Newly Qualified or experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse or Registered Learni...