Warrington, Cheshire, England
- £ 0.0 - 0.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 10 Nov 2020
- 5 Dec 2020
Spire Cheshire are now recruiting for 2 Theatre Practitioners to join the team, one for Scrub and one for Anaesthetic and Recovery. This is a great opportunity for some a newly qualified ODP or someone wanting to develop their skills.
The Hospital covers a wide variety of surgical procedures, you will support in assessing patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient's needs. You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organise data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Working as part of this friendly and supportive team you can expect to assist patients undergoing a variety of elective procedures including ENT, neurological, orthopaedic, laparoscopic, ophthalmic, gynaecology and urology.
- You will be required to support the senior staff ensuring high standards of effective care are delivered to all patients within the Theatre suite, whilst maintaining communication within the team
- Prepare the operating theatre/anaesthetic room for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum
- You will be required to perform scrub duties or anaesthetic duties
- RN or ODP qualification
- English National Board Advanced scrub practitioner qualification in perioperative practice desirable
- Must have experience of working as a perioperative practitioner in and across surgical teams
Who we're looking for
- Operating Department Practitioner or Registered Nurse with a valid registration
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes
- Competence across a range of scrub skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration/practitioner qualification and additional training.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sarah Whittaker at Apply
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
This job was posted to Theatre nurse in Warrington, Cheshire, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 44000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentManchester, Greater Manchester, England
Theatre Practitioner - Mobile Surgical Units - Jobs UK Wide! Salary - £44,000 for a 5-day week Company ...
£ 32000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentManchester, Greater Manchester, England
Salary and Benefits: Up to £32,000 + Company Pension + 4 Weeks Holiday (plus bank holidays) + Free Parking + Discounted Treatments ...
£ 37000.0 Per yearFull timePermanentManchester, Greater Manchester, England
Theatre Lead / Deputy Theatre Manager - Private Cosmetic Hospital Full time - 37.5 hours Up to £37,000 per annum Free...